One Door Closes...

Lily's POV

As I walked down the streets of New York, I felt as if something had changed. I shook my head and ignored the strange feeling and continued heading towards Juilliard for my music audition.

I took a deep breath as I entered the school. I didn't even get time to look around the school that I may be going to next year. Fingers crossed.

I waited backstage for my name to be called out.

"Lilianna Fray!"

"Deep breath Lily. Calm down. You can do this." I murmured to myself softly.

I walked on stage and sat on the piano bench.

"Ready when you are miss..."

I took a deep breath and began to play a piece I remembered off by heart. All my training came down to this moment. Let's hope that it will pay off.

As soon as the piece was finished, I took a deep breath. I tentatively looked up at the judges with a minuscule smile. Did I mess up? Two, three seconds later, they finally started moving.

They began to slowly clap as they got up on their feets.

One of the judges, a woman, commented, "That was a very good piece, well done. You have exceeded our expectations but is the piano the only instrument you can play?"

I paused, a bit perplexed, "No, mam, I can play several other instruments such as the violin and cello. Why do you ask?"

An old man chuckled, "Ooooo, a cello, play us a piece dear. Rick. Bring out the cello."

Another man, who I'm assuming is Rick, came out from behind the curtain and handed me a cello. I sat on a chair that they set out for me and I placed it between my legs.

The last judge, a young woman who actually looked the strictest out of all three, commanded, "If you want to get into our school, you must be prepared at all times. So play us the best piece you have and then we'll decide right now on whether you have received a place at our school..."

I paused, trying to think of the most impressive piece that I could play.

Nothing.

I hate being under pressure.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. You can do anything you want if you just have faith. Have a little faith sweetheart..." A voice whispered to me.

That always happened.

Whenever I was stressed or something that voice of a small boy would encourage me. I knew that voice but I didn't know who it was!

I looked above and I thought of the perfect piece... 

I looked up, stunned. So were the judges. One by one, the they stood up, the strict lady standing up last. They stared at me with an unknown emotion and then...

They clapped.

Rick, came back over and took the cello from whilst murmuring a quick Well Done!

I bowed and smiled in relief. I did it. I actually did it!

They talked together for a while before the strict lady came forward.