Courage

A/N This chapter is dedicated to the bravery of the last Sonderkommando who had the courage to destroy the gas chambers, and the brave women who helped them. May they all rest in peace.
     Boom!Boom!Boom! Even from the kitchen you could feel the ground shake. At this point I believe the allies had finally bombed us, but if they did we would hear the commotion as the our guards ran to take cover. Gunfire echoed in the distance, I wrap my arms around my sister trying to protect her. What is going on! Are they shooting everyone! Oh God! After what seemed an eternity of this madness, our guard came back and we had to work.
         "The gas chambers are gone, blown to bits!" was the first thing I heard when I walked into the barracks. "The crematorium too! Someone else cried. Gas chambers gone! It took me a second to process this information. At least we won't have to worry about them at the appell anymore! I smiled at the thought, no more gas chambers! I felt like jumping up and down and carrying on like a kid again. Like a kid again. I had nearly forgotten, I was only eleven years old. I think I have forgotten how to be a kid. What it's like to not have a single care in the world. However I haven't really been a kid since the day Haya  took me to her special place in the woods. The Nazis would not let me.
          I nearly cried over my childhood, but mostly over Ewa. She never really had the chance to have one, she was only two when it all began. This is all she knows. I realize she will never truly had a normal life, no one who has been through something like this ever can.

A/N Remember to comment!