Allies

All there was to be heard was the shouting of our guards. Allied plains flew around the camp as the Nazis ran to take cover. I wanted to rush out of the barracks and shout and encourage the planes to drop their bombs, but that did not happen. Once the planes left our nightmarish life
continued.
Anna has become a muselmann, she can barely move let alone work.
Me and Ewa steal potatoes, so we have something to eat, but still not enough. Even with potatoes you can still see the bones in her arms and shoulders, her cheek bones are the most prominent part of her face. It disgusts me that anyone could do this to a a little girl. We would already be dead if it were not for our kitchen job.
         But it makes me happier than I have ever been before to know that the Germans were losing the war. That someone cared enough to even try to defy and beat them. Until those planes came I had all but lost my faith in humanity. Rumors claim we be free by spring.
           "Do you think it's true?" Ewa asked. "I really hope so Ewa," "Katarzyna?" "Yes?" "Do people really care that much," she asked sadly. "Ewa we don't deserve this, you don't deserve this!!!" I nearly yelled. Why on earth would she think no one cared?! Even our kapo, who enjoys beating these women half to death, cared about us enough to give us real shoes! "Ewa there a still people in this world who have enough humanity, to fight the Nazis because what they know what the Nazis are doing is wrong!" I sobbed. "People like Jaroslaw Czajka, who fought in the resistance and died to help the innocent!! People like our kapo who took pity on us! Don't lose faith in humanity or in God, because of these monsters, for that is what they want us to do. We have to do what we must to stay alive one more hour!"  I felt Anna put her gnarled hand on my shoulder. I turned around and stared into her doe like green eyes and kind, aged face. "Truer words have never been spoken! Live..." She whispered as she took her last breath.
          Live. We have survived to long to just give up. We will survive for Tate, Fayge, Reuven, Haya, for Mamusiu.