Chapter Two - Hailey's Left (Pic of Hailey)

Darkmoon Pack - Chapter Two

I would just like to apologize for the short chapter, I've currently got writers block.

Picture of Hailey Morgan on the right. --->

****

►Two days before the forest incident.◄

I got woken up by my phone ringing, before answering I looked at the time. 5:30am. Seriously? Who ever is ringing must have a good explanation. ''Hello?'' I answered sleepy.

''Someone sounds tired.''

        ''Hailey! You better have a good excuse for waking me up at this time!'' I quietly shouted down the phone, careful not to wake up my parents.

''I can't sleep, too excited for today! Needed someone to talk to and you popped into my head first.'' I heard her reply in a tone, that indicated she was trying to hold in a laugh.

''Well I'm awake so what do you want to talk about? I mean, there is no reason for me to go back to sleep for an hour and a half, maybe less.'' I sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, feeling the cold air brush against them.

''It's about England. What exactly should I take?'' I sighed and stood up, putting on my robe. ''Alex?''

        ''I'm here, just getting my robe on. Take what you want, I don't know what England's going to be like.'' I heard her sigh. ''Hailey, most people say it mostly rains in England so take something warm.''

        ''I've basically just threw everything I've got in my suitcase, my closet is now empty and my mom will probably kill me.'' I laughed and I heard her zip up her suitcase, I sit at my desk and pull out my art pad, going to finish off my art project.

''Hailey, what did you draw for your art project?'' I asked, putting my pencil to paper, smoothing out some lines.

''Erm... Buckingham Palace. Why?'' I sighed, she drew something amazing and I drew a little cottage by a lake.

''No reason, just wondering.'' I started to shade and there was a knock at my door, turning my head I saw my mom. ''Sorry. Did I wake you?''

She shook her head and walked in, I saw that she was already ready, looking at the clock I saw it's 5:47am. ''Who are you talking to?'' Hailey asked on the phone, which I forgot I was talking to her.

''My mom, she's awake at this time.'' I heard Hailey let out a laugh, then I handed my phone to my mom. ''Hailey wants to speak to you.'' 

She grabs the phone and puts it to her ear, smiling. ''Hello Hailey. What are you doing awake at this time?''

Ten minutes later, I had finished my art project and my mom was still on the phone with Hailey. She placed the phone on my desk. ''Hailey seems like she's going to enjoy herself in England.''

I nodded and my head. ''Yeah she is.''

        ''You're going to miss her, aren't you?''

''Course I am mom, she's my best friend and she's going away for a month.'' I slumped in my chair and I felt an hand go on my shoulder.

''You'll be fine darling. Anyway, your father and I are going to work. I'll see you tonight, have a good time at school.''

She gave me a kiss on the head and walked out my room, I decided to get ready for school.

****

''Hailey, Mr. Taylor wants to talk to you today, you'll be excused from the rest of the lessons.'' Miss. Smith said. Miss. Smith was our History teacher and I never liked History, I always did bad, no matter how hard I try.

Hailey started packing her stuff away and gave me a wink before heading out towards the head's office. I on the other hand, tried to pay attention to the lesson.

At lunch, I got pulled out the lunch room by Hailey and into Mr. Taylor's office. ''Ow Hailey, you're hurting me.''

        ''Sorry.'' She let go of my arm and sat on a seat in front of Mr. Taylor. ''Mr. T wanted me to tell you that I'm leaving now, his sister is arriving soon and I'll be going straight away.''

        ''I forgot you're leaving today, I thought it was tomorrow. I'm going to miss you. I would say text me but we're both in different time zones.''

''I'm still going to text you, besides it's nearly a weeks holiday from school and I doubt you'll be going to sleep early.'' Hailey replied, smiling. I could help but smile back, even though I know that wasn't true. I like going to sleep early, I have no need to go to bed late.

The door swung open and a young girl walked in, she looked to be early twenties. Mr. Taylor stood up from his chair to greet her. ''Sarah! You're early.''

He kissed her cheek before turning back around. ''I know, I wanted to see Hailey's friend before we go.'' She looked at me and I couldn't help but smile. She's got a British accent which is strange considering Mr. Taylor doesn't. ''I bet you're disappointed that Hailey is leaving.''

I nodded and I felt Hailey but her arm around me. ''She's my best friend Sarah, of course she's going to miss me. I'm not going to miss her though, I mean, I'll be in England!'' I had to laugh at Hailey's outburst, she will never fail to make me laugh.

''Don't get too excited Hailey, England isn't that exciting but I have been living there all my life.'' Sarah sat on Mr. Taylor's desk, while Mr. Taylor took a seat at his desk.

We talked through out lunch until the bell rang, that's when I realized that I didn't even grab my lunch and my stomach done a huge grumble. ''Was that your stomach?''

I looked at Hailey and nodded. ''Thanks to you, I didn't get to grab my lunch.'' I grab my bag and give her a hug, telling her to take care and I go to walk out the door.

''Alex, wait. I've spoke to Mrs. Robinson and seeing as you're a little bit in front of everyone, she's giving you permission to skip her lesson and have lunch.''

****

End of the school day and Hailey was gone, leaving me to walk home by myself. My parents still weren't home from work, they don't normally work late but they have their rare occasions.

Looks like I'm making dinner for myself when I come back from my walk, nothing exciting though; I can't be bothered to cook anything.

My parents walked through the door two hours after I came back from the walk in the forest, I didn't realize until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

It was my dad. ''How are you feeling?''

I shrugged, I'm a bit upset that my only friend will be gone for a month. ''I'm okay. How was work?''

And the night went on as normal. We talked about school and work, it was nice to relax. Truthfully, it felt a piece of me was missing without Hailey but it's only a month away from her.

****

As I said, sorry for the boring and short chapter, I've got writers block. Hopefully it'll get better.

x Lauren x