Chapter Twenty-Two.

Dedication: I think @SwirlPecks [Trish] wholeheartedly deserves this one, for several reasons. She is a lovely friend and person to talk to, we only really met a month or two ago, yet she's still caught up to this story completely! She left a lovely comment on the last chapter and not only encourages me with this story, but a few others as well, which I really appreciate! So in conclusion, Trish is awesome and you should definitely check out her stuff if you haven't already [I'm still catching up]! Thanks again Trish! :)

Marley

            “That’s what makes you beau-ti-ful!”

            I let out a throaty groan as my radio comes to life, suddenly blasting One Direction’s first, big single, not that I don’t like the song. It just, one, is too freaking loud right now, and two, is a rather painful reminder of what I don’t have anymore. Thanks for that BBC.

            “Baby, you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me-“

            “No, no, no, no, no,” I say stubbornly, cutting the music off with a well-aimed slam of my fist to the radio. There is no way that I’m going to listen to Harry’s solo now and pretend it’s all okay that he left. Nope, maybe someday, but not today. I’m just not ready for that. Today, I have other matters to worry about.

            That’s when I stop, realizing that today is the day, the one I’ve been waiting for for God knows how long now. This is the make it or break it speech that could turn my whole life around or dig it a deeper pit.

            “Oh crap,” I sit straight up and look at the clock, seeing 8:35 in glowing numbers. I’m supposed to be speaking at nine at the school and still need to show up at least fifteen minutes earlier to properly prepare and meet the headmistress. That gives me… ten minutes to get over there.

            “Fuck!” The swear is out of my mouth before I can help myself, just as quickly as I’m out of bed and tugging on the best business-casual I can manage at the moment. This also changes my decision to take a shower and actually put effort into my look and revising my speech and – no. Not anymore it doesn’t.

            As I rush around my house, trying to grab everything I need, I can’t help wondering: Why the hell did this happen? What on earth did I do to piss off whatever heavenly being decides if I can live simply or not? That’s the same moment that I also realize that – great – I won’t get to eat anything this morning either, though part of me doubts that I’d be too nervous to anyways.

             My phone is suddenly buzzing on top of all my panic, long enough that it has to be someone calling instead of texting, but I ignore it completely, too distracted. The woman at the school would call me on my landline if she really needed to, so there’s no way this can be anyone that important.

            “Bye Travis, be good!” I shout as I make my way out the door, a really ugly stack of rumpled papers in my arms and my still buzzing phone just barely on top. Chancing a very fleeting glance on the way to my car, I just barely manage to make out the words, ‘1 Missed Call from Harry’.

            Part of me leaps excitedly at the news, wanting to call him back. The rest of me forces myself to calm though, because he’s the one who ran away in the first place, he’s the one that decided that I was too much to handle, and I just really don’t have time for this today, not now. I have places to actually be and people to actually see, and Harry is most definitely not one of them.