Epilogue

"LEO!" Louis called from the front porch. "YOU COMING!"

"JUST A MINUTE!" I yelled back, grabbing the fruit bowl. Then ran from the kitchen to the front porch. I kissed Louis as I passed him to sit on his right.

"Mama, Daddy's gonna sing us a song." Charlotte said giddily. There was a twinkle in her eyes.

"Is that right, Charlie?" I smiled.

"Uh huh." Malakai agreed. His blue eyes shining as well.

"Ladies and gentleman." Louis put emphasis on 'man' while looking at Malakai. I chuckled as Louis began to strum on the guitar. When he started singing,

I got a crazy sense of deja vu. I watched his hands strum the strings of the guitar filling the area around us with beautiful music. His other hand formed the notes and I could see his wedding ring on his finger. Same as mine, but it had a ring of crushed turquoise instead of golden tiger's eye like mine.

I looked up to Louis. His blue eyes shining in the sun as he sang the lyrics with a smile on his face. Then, I turned and looked at Malakai and Charlotte. My two wonderful children. They smiled as they watched their father strum on the guitar and sing.

Malakai with his shaggy black hair and bright blue eyes... Charlotte with long cocoa brown hair and bright blue eyes. It made the most sense because they both reminded me so much of Louis.

I looked out over to Dantae and Mia's house, just as the two walked out the door with Briar, Jasmine, and a little Ashton tumbling after his two older siblings.

The five of them made their way over, and Louis stopped as they joined us on the porch. Mia picked up Ashton and held him on her hip as she one armed hugged me. Louis and Dantae hugged each other.

"Hey Mia, how was your trip?" I asked.

"Great. Except Dantae is a wimp." She replied and Dantae rolled his eyes. I gestured for her to sit down and Briar and Jasmine walked over and sat next to Malakai and Charlie.

"What did he do this time?" Louis asked.

"Oh nothing but make me drive the whole way home. Claimed that, since we we're visiting my family, I had to drive home. I had to stop like ten times so he could use a pit-stop." She sighed, and Louis laughed. "I swear his bladder builds up faster than Ashton's."

"Looks like you're gonna have to start making Dantae wear diapers." I joked and Dantae stuck his tongue out at me.

"Nah, cause he'd only make me change them." Mia said sarcastically. "Trip would've gone easier if my parents hadn't moved across the damn country."

"Mia it was only four states away." I chuckled.

"And too expensive for us to fly." Dantae added. "Mia didn't want to take the money mom and dad would've given us for the ticket."

"Okay... let's not start and argument today." Louis said. "Its a beautiful day. The flowers in bloom, the sun is shining, and your kids wanna hear uncle Louis sing."

"Oh alright." Mia said as Louis started singing and playing again. This time it was a different song. Ashton started clapping and cheering as Louis strummed the guitar. "So how we're you guys?"

"Well Charlie got an ear infection, but we managed to nip that at the bud before it passed over to Turtle." I answered looking at her. "Then we went to the circle and Louis and I showed them a couple of things."

"What elements do they have?" She asked.

"Oh um... Malakai has Fire and Earth. Charlie has Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Spirit." I answered.

"Briar has Air, Jasmine has Fire, and little Ashton has Spirit." She said muzzling her three year old. He had brown hair with Dantae's black eyes and tanned skin.

"That's cool." I smiled.

"You know that with you and Louis being the most powerful people in the world, that means that Turtle and Honey are going to grow to be just as powerful."

"I know. I'm reminded everyday." I nodded.

"But with parents like you two, I'm sure they're going to be just fine." She assured.

"I'm sure they're all going to be just fine." I corrected.

"We're all going to be just fine." She added with a smile. I sighed and looked at the kids and Louis.

"You're right. We are all fine..." I watched their smiling faces. "For now. There's going to be more people who will try to tear this family apart, but I think that there's nothing they can do that even nears what Baylen did. So I know that we'll be alright in the end... just like before."

"Nothing can tear our family apart." Louis said as he stopped playing and grabbed my hand. It startled me a bit because I didn't realize he had been listening. I looked at him and smiled.

He was right though, and I knew it. No matter how many people or how hard they tried... they could never tear my family apart. It would have to be over my dead body...

That won't be happening any time soon.