Chapter 6- Meeting Nanny

The next morning, Louis, dad, and I got ready to go over to Cloe's grandmother's. I was wearing my favorite pink tank top and a pair of blue jeans with pink flats. Louis helped me out on my black jacket, then got dressed himself as I brushed my hair and French braided it. He put on a blue t-shirt and dark blue jeans with his black sneakers.

"You guys ready?" Dad asked as he walked in to the room.

"Yeah, let's go." I replied. Louis and I followed him out the door to the car. Cloe sat in the front seat to tell dad where to go. We were in the car for a while before we pulled up to a large house on a large piece of land. There were a couple of oddly placed trees and a few haystack. There was a barn placed just in the tree line behind the house.

"Here we are guys." Cloe said getting out of the car. Just then an older woman walked out of the house. Along with two people about our age. One was a woman who had bright pink dyed hair that was a Bob cut. She was thin and her skin was fair and she was wearing a black laced shirt with a black tank top under it. She had on galaxy leggings with cheetah print wedges.

The other was a male. He had on a black t-shirt with blue jeans and a pair of blue, white, and black sneakers. He was tall and fit, and his hair was freshly cut short and dark with blonde tips.

Cloe went up to the older woman and hugged her. She was wearing her gray hair up in a lose bun, and she was wearing blue jeans with a red sweater. Her shoes were red flats. Louis and I got out of the car, and she spotted us.

"Oh Cloe, I see you've brought some friends with you." She said sweetly.

"I see you have some friends too Nanny." Cloe replied.

"Ah. Yes. A couple of trainees I'm working with. What about you deary?"

"My friends here need your help."

"With what?" The older woman asked.

"Oh Leonie found out a couple to a few weeks ago that she has a very important element."

"Oh Cloe, you know that I don't do Energy. It's too unpredictable."

"And Leo is too good for that element. This isn't going to be like last time."

"Cloe dear." The old woman looked at me, and walked over. Her eyes scanned me up and down head to toe. Then I hear her voice in my head. You're pregnant... aren't you?

"Yes ma'am." I answered aloud with a bit of unsure in my voice. "At least I think so."

"What?" Cloe asked. "What did I miss?"

Does he know? She asked with a small nod toward Louis. Because you are.

Yes. I answered with a smile.

"Something worries you dear." She cocked her head to the side. Then she took my hand in hers. "You're all tensed up. Energy is a very strong element. You need to feel more relaxed. Stay calm. Fear is what causes it to be unpredictable."

"There's just too much on my plate miss." I said, and she sighed.

"Old enemies... New problems. Who is it that you're afraid of? That's after your family?" she asked and finished in my head. Your unborn child.

"Baylen Johnson." I answered, and she tensed up. Her eyebrows furrowed. "It was him. Wasn't it?"

"You're in deep deary. Unfortunately, I've taught him well." She answered. Then she clapped her hands together and the dreary mood lightened. "Well... then I'm going to have to teach you better. Besides you have something he doesn't."