Chapter 11 - [The Female Pirate]

Nerina carefully looked at Richard’s sword and watched as it seemed to sparkle in the sunlight.

“It’s a beauty, aint it?” He asked her.

Nerina nodded, admiring the designs.

“I stole it.” Richard said with a grin.

“From where?” She asked.

“Some man who didn’t deserve to carry a sword this magnificent around.”

Nerina smiled. “Can you teach me how to use it?”

Richard opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted by the Captains snort. “You? You’re a girl.”

Nerina scowled. “So what?”

“Girls cannot use swords.”

Nerina continued to scowl. “I can too. I bet you that I can be a better pirate than all of your men on this ship.”

Both Richard and the Captain started to laugh.

Nerina put her hand on her hip. “Stop laughing!”

They didn’t.

“Well then, teach me how to be a pirate!” Nerina said.

They continued to laugh. “You are a crazy girl.” Richard said.

“Well, you two must be afraid that I’m right.”

“No, we just think you are quite insane.” The Captain responded. “Because you can be nothing close to a better pirate than even the worst one on this ship.”

“If that’s the case, then you two would have no problem in proving me wrong!”

The Captain looked at her. “What do you mean?”

“Teach me how to be a pirate. Prove to me that I’m not good!”

Richard suddenly realized something.

“You really are insane.” The Captain said.

Suddenly, Richard grabbed the Captains arm and pulled him away from the Princess and she watched them curiously.

“Think about this, Ed.” Richard said softly.

The Captain raised his eyebrow. “About what?”

“If we teach her how to be a pirate…. We can make her wear trousers.”

The Captain hesitated. “So?”

Richard rolled his eyes. “Imaging that girl in trousers!”

Both he and the Captain turned and looked at her, both of them imagining her in trousers. Without the boots, it would be just below her knees, exposing a lot of her legs.

“And the white shirt…” Richard said. “Which is see-through when it’s wet.”

The captain didn’t even need to imagine that. “Alright, let’s do it.” He said as he walked back to Nerina. “Alright, we’ll teach you.” He said.

Nerina’s face brightened. “Wonderful!” She said.

“But first,” the captain started, “You need to change.”

“Why?” Nerina asked.

“Do you think you can be a pirate in that?” He pointed at her long dress.

Nerina looked down and then back up, her cheeks slightly red. “Oh.”

“Why is she taking so long?” The Captain asked, getting quiet frustrated with the very long wait.