Chapter 3 - [The Rude Captain]

As soon as the two large men climbed up onto the ship, they decided to hide her. After a change in plans, they realized it would be best to keep her away from their captain.

            “He always gets everything to himself, right mate?” The first one said.

            The second nodded. “We should have a little fun of our own for once…”

            “But we’ve got to hide the wench. If the captain were to find out, he’d have our heads.”

            “How about we throw her into the crate with the food… the one we stole from Caspian. We’ll keep her in there until night time.” The second suggested.

            “And where we gonna put the food?”

            “Up your ass you goof. Hurry up and open the damned crate before the captain comes out of his quarters.” The second said as he ran towards one of the crates.

            The two of them worked together to open one of the crates, and dropped Nerina in, even though she was still screaming.

            “What do we do about her screaming… it’s still loud, even though it’s muffled.” The first man yelled.

            “She’ll shut up soon. How long could she keep screaming for?”

            And they were right. Like before, Nerina got too tired to keep screaming. She sat there, for what seemed like hours, in the dark crate. There was some light in it at first, but eventually, as the sky grew dark, the crate grew dark as well.

            Tears started to pour out of her eyes when she heard footsteps.  She couldn’t even defend herself, especially since her hands were tied. Were they coming to get her? What were they going to do with her?

            But it didn’t just sound like two people, it sounded like many. Maybe five or six.

            She stopped breathing, maybe they would forget which crate she’s in.

            The crate suddenly moved, and she gasped.

            “Oy… this one feels lighter than the rest, eh?” One man said. It wasn’t a familiar voice.

            “Aye!” Another man said. His voice wasn’t familiar as well.

            “I think someone opened it.” A man with a deep, smooth, yet unfamiliar voice said. “Open it up.”

            Nerina began to panic.

            “The rascals who be messin’ around with the food will get a good whippin’ from me, got it?” The first man said, angrily.

            “And me!” The second said.

            “No… I’ll be slicing his head off, when I find out who did it.” The deep voiced man said, he sounded far away.

            There was a crack, and as the lid came off, Nerina gasped. She immediately closed her eyes, surprised by the moonlight.

            And then she heard two gasps. She slowly opened her eyes, allowing her eyes to adjust to the light and then they widened.

            Two men stared at her. One looked old, with a long white beard and white hair tied back into a ponytail. He had a slightly wrinkled face and large black eyes.