Love in the Dark

You are the light to my darkness...

"How could I have been so stupid...how could I have not seen this coming? Why did I leave him on his own...why couldn't I just have called the pack to help? Why? Why did I...hurt the one I love the most...

**********

"Stiles...you've been up all night. The sun is rising. Go home and get some sleep..." Scott softly whispered to his best friend.

"No. I can't sleep...I refuse to sleep...not when I know that he's out there...somewhere...probably injured...probably being tortured by them." Stiles said coldly.

The night of Lydia's Valentine's party turned into Stiles worst nightmare. His soul was taken away. The one person that he loved more than anything was taken from him. Stiles was overflowing with resentment, guilt, and anger. Jackson didn't want to leave his side that night, he wanted to stay with him. Maybe if Stiles would've listened to him, none of this would have ever happened. He wouldn't be turning the town upside down looking for the love of his life. Stiles felt remorse. He felt anger. But most of all, he was angry with himself.

Stiles was just looking out into the distance as his thoughts and emotions overflowed his entire being. After a while he looked down realizing Scott was still behind him.

"Go home Scott...I'm not going to bed. I won't be able to sleep anyways. I have to find him." Stiles said.

Scott hesitated for a bit, but he knew Stiles wouldn't listen to him if he argued.

"If you need anything, I'll be in the hospital later checking up on Lydia." Scott responded.

Stiles just looked at the ground and nodded.

Lydia had been attacked that night as well. She was physically hurt by someone or something. No one knew what exactly happened that night. All everyone knew was that some creatures broke into the lake house and attacked everyone.
Jordan's body was no where to be found. He had disappeared along with Jackson that night.

After a few hours of searching, Stiles picked up part of Jackson's scent in the woods. He stopped where the scent was the strongest. He could smell and see the blood stains on the dry leaves. The more steps he took, the stronger it got. He saw that Jordan's blood stains were further away from Jackson's scent. Stiles knew he was ambushed.

"He must've dropped Jordan when they ambushed him." Stiles mumbled.

Stiles mind kept on wondering and analyzing different scenarios. There was no doubt in Stiles mind that the Black Phoenix has Jackson. But why would they take Jordan too? Stiles couldn't figure that part out. Stiles closed his eyes and concentrated on his enhanced senses. He took a deep breath and inhaled the air around him. He could smell Jackson cologne mixed with his blood. He smelled the Phoenixies. Then he caught a whiff of another familiar scent. He knew that scent. He just couldn't pinpoint exactly who it belonged to. It was infused with blood and the Phoenixies scent. Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. Stiles inhaled one more time and at that moment, it hit him. He knew who the scent belonged to.

**********

"...St..Sti...Stiles..."

Jackson was beginning to open his eyes. As he slowly regained consciousness, he realized how dark it was. It almost seemed like an underground jail cell. He quickly got up and tried to bend the bars of the cell only to be thrown across the cell. The bars were surging with electricity. Jackson looked at his hands that were smoking from the shock.