Chapter Eighteen

• Dedicated to You Know Who You Are ;)

This one is dedicated to a special someone, who doesn't actually have wattpad, but she is a close friend who has been the one reading all my work and supporting me all the time, it's about time she got a dedication! (you know who you are ;)) 

The song on the side is You Lost Me by Christina Aguilera, listen to it while you are reading to add ATMOSPHERE :D 

Here it is guys, the big moment and the question on all our lips is Beth or Michael?? :P

***************************************************************************

     I went home and thought. I sat at the kitchen table and thought. I sat on the sofa and thought. I sat in the garden and thought. I sat on my bed and thought. I sat at my desk and thought. I did so much thinking I was sure my head might implode.

     But I still couldn’t decide.

     Either way I had it, I would be unhappy. There was no scenario in which I ended up with what I wanted. If Beth went away, and I stayed with Michael, I would miss her like hell. I had only been away from Beth for up to a week max: we always found ways to see each other, and the one time Dee took her on a holiday in France, I went with her. But also, once she left, she could be gone for months or she could be gone for a few days. It was so uncertain.

     If I went with Beth, I would leave Michael. And instead of just being away from him for however long we were in London, I would be away from him forever. Even if I did see him again, it wouldn’t be soon, and things would be different.

     At about eight in the evening, as Rob and I had just started making dinner, I got a call from Michael.     

     ‘Hey Debby,’ he said.

     ‘Hey,’ I said trying to sound normal. Did he know I was considering going with Beth? If not, how should I tell him?

     ‘Beth told me what’s happening,’ he sounded hurt. That was another thing: whoever I didn’t pick would be hurt.

     ‘I’m sorry,’ I told him. ‘I had no idea she wanted me to come, but I think she really needs me. I don’t know what to do.’

     ‘I completely understand,’ he said. ‘That’s why I was calling. I wanted to say that whatever happens, I understand.’

     ‘But you’ll be crushed if I leave,’ I pointed out.

     ‘I know,’ he sighed. ‘I’m not going to pretend I won’t be. But I can’t imagine how hard this decision is for you, and I won’t blame you if you choose to go, however much it upsets me.’

     ‘Thanks Michael,’ I said. There was silence for a couple of seconds. ‘Michael? You still there?’

     ‘Yes.’

     ‘Just in case I do leave…’ I started. ‘I want you to know… I-I think I may be in love with you.’

     ‘I think I may love you too, Debby,’ he told me.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     It wasn’t until the early hours of the morning that I made my decision. I had been tossing and turning all night, thinking about nothing else but what I would do in the morning. Michael was going to pack his suitcase, and if I chose to go with Beth, Robert would give him a lift to Haverfordwest and he would get the train home from there. If I chose to stay he would bring his suitcase to unpack it at my house.