What If

Gavin got back to Angel's window. He could tell that she was just taking her time to sleep because there wasn't much else to do in that cell. She seemed to be partially awake, but had the blanket over her face. Forcing herself back to sleep perhaps?

Gavin thought about how it would be like in her place. Would I want to think? Would I want to try something stupid? Gavin didn't know. First of all, he was not a girl. He didn't understand how girls thought sometimes. He would like to think that he does, but in situations like these...he didn't know how a girl probably would react. But he's starting to learn about it more. The fact that she tried, attempted, and decided that it wasn't a smart move to go yet, said a lot to him.

He kinda wondered how it was like not talking for most of the day. Mouth shut, just staring out the window, or stuck with your own thoughts for days doing practically the same thing over and over again. It was bland. Boring in fact.

He noticed that she tried to make it fun inside the small space. She seemed intent on wanting to talk to him more even if normally someone would think that they're supposed to be on two different sides. He was beginning to wonder if she even had a side.

She did avoid him though. He noticed that when she fell backwards once she saw him at her window. She wasn't expecting that. She was probably thinking that she wouldn't be found in there. She probably thought that he wasn't going to hear her and that he was just going to leave.

But he didn't.

And now he was here ready to find out what in the world could have gotten her here.

"Angel?" He whispered into the window.

Angel moved her hands underneath the blanket and moaned.

"Angel? Are you awake?"

Angel turned her head to the other side and faced the wall.

"Angel?"

She didn't move and she didn't utter one word.

How should I wake her up? Should I wake her up?

Gavin crossed his legs and sat on the grass. He didn't mind the insects. He wondered how long it was going to take to get this girl to open up. She seemed pretty intent on staying asleep, but he decided to be more obvious.

Shout or...

He didn't notice, but Angel turned facing the window. She had her eyes open and she just stared at him.

Angel blinked a few times until he finally realized that she was awake.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Yup." Angel pushed her covers down a bit and sat up. "What are you doing here? Don't you have more important things to do?"

Gavin searched for the words to say. It was still pretty early. "Well, didn't you want to see me?"

"Nice one." Angel chuckled. "But I'm kidding. It's nice to see new faces especially when you're stuck here. But I guess, I'm supposed to be the bad guy right? So, it's a mixed feeling. I just wish I didn't have to meet you this way."

"Yea. I guess."

Gavin knew why he was there though. He knew he was there to prove something, but he didn't exactly know what.

"Well? You're here. Don't you have something to say?"

Gavin didn't actually think through what he was going to say. He wasn't expecting her to talk to him and he was caught a little of guard. He knew that Prince Chance wanted information and it seemed like the guy wanted it soon.