Instincts

Peter started running. "Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.." He whispered under his breath while he ran. His feet felt like they were being dragged by mud. It went slow at first, but he gave one more glance back making his eyes grow wider than they already were. Then, his feet pushed and ran up to speed.

"Oh-no.." He looked ahead, daring not to look back. He could hear the trot, trot, trotting of the horses and the whole world seemed to stop, but him and the Greanger men behind him. Neil...Neil...Neil...

His eyes scanned everywhere ahead of him where he last saw Neil run. Neil! Where are you?! He wanted to yell, but he knew that would only slow him down. He needed all the air he could have. Oh no...sorry Saber..we'll have to meet you later...

Peter felt the wind he was making for himself as he ran. A bead of sweat above his forehead began to cool and Peter desperately wanted to itch it. But he was afraid his hand might cover his view where he was going and that he might trip and fall or lose sight of Neil.

He gave another quick look around. Nowhere. Peter wanted to curse, but he didn't. I'll look for you later Neil. Stay safe. Peter could hear the neighs of the horses becoming more aggressive. I'm sorry Neil.

Peter turned to the right away from where he last saw Neil. He trusted him. They both know that to lose the men on the horses better, was to split. Then zig-zag and lose them. Of course, he needed to gain some speed first into the woods where it was really thick. That way, they'll have to search for him on foot. He believed that Neil was probably thinking the same exact thing.

Peter knew what he had to do. He was the last person they saw and he wanted them to follow him, not Neil. This was really crucial because he knew how much stake he was putting in. First of all, if he ruined his cover for tomorrow by being caught or spotted running away from the men, he wouldn't be able to rescue Angel. Second of all, he didn't want the men to find New Begin. That was important enough. Lastly, he wasn't sure how far Neil was, and he wanted to lose the guys in the forest. That way, Neil was safe and he was back up in case something wrong happened to him. Peter bolted and gained some speed.

Sorry Neil.

I'll just have to see you later, bro. I'll see you later.

~~~~

Angel began doing pushups. She didn't want to tire herself out though. She knew that Prince Chance might show his face around here at any time and she wanted to be fully rested. That way, if she does ever manage to have him let her out, she doesn't have to travel and lose his tail tired while she headed back to New Begin. Plus, she wanted to get a peek or look around Greanger.

One...two...three...

She went and did ten. She looked back outside the window. No one.

What to do...what to do?

She already thought over her possibilities with each option she could take for her escape. The risk levels were different, and she knew that if she failed, Prince Chance might step up his caution and game. She didn't want that. Not at all. First of all, she actually kind a thought that he was cute, but she hated the thought of it. She really did. But now...she just hated the thought even more.

Their first acquaintance together wasn't even good in the first place. After that, she began softening up to him, then ruined it again. And then again.

Seriously though? What's wrong with this guy?

But maybe he did know something about me that I didn't know or didn't know he knew. Angel did hear the very first part of Saber's name come out of his mouth and her own name along with Prince Abason's name and concern.