Epilogue

Vasilisa's POV

My stomach was growing every day.

Scar found out quickly I was with child and took it upon himself to keep a sharp eye on me everywhere I went.

I threatened to cut him if he didn't lay off and he did, for a while (like, a whole hour), but then I realized I missed him...and that he'd just gotten better at hiding.

Thinking about how it could be a girl terrified him, so I brought it up every chance I got.

Talon remained in Felain, with Julie.

He said he didn't want to take her away from her family, and she mentioned that she wouldn't have let him if he tried.

I only heard bits and pieces from Scar's coversations with the messenger, but from what I understood, Katherine and Markov were trying to reconstruct themselves peacefully.

I was just glad it was all over.

I sat down on a log, staring at the new houses being built by the wolves...and the humans...together.

I felt a body plop down next to me and looked over to see Scar "So...how's it going?" He asked, looking at me with wide expectant eyes.

I was ready to deliver any day now, and that didn't excite me nearly as much as it did my mate.

"I don't think it's going to be today." I said with a grin "Maybe our little girl will come tomorrow though."

He scowled at me and I laughed "What's so bad about a girl, anyway?"

He shook his head, wrapping his arm around my shoulders "She could turn out too beautiful, and then I'd have to kill off all the boys that came after her..."

I suggested "She could be a witch, what then?"

He shook his head "She's not courting until she's seen 30 summers."

I scoffed "You'll have to come up with a better reason to keep her from courting until she's 30. I'll have you know, if her love life is anything like mine, she won't know love until it's bitten her..."

He grumbled "If it's a wolf I'll have them pegged quicker than I would a human boy."

I exhaled "Perhaps you should just teach her what my father taught me then. You know, to fight, to hunt, to protect her family..." I was smirking by the end of it. 

He frowned slightly down at me before a slow grin spread across his face "Oh, I know, she could dress like a boy."