Chapter 20: The Other Alpha's Arrival

Vasilisa's POV

I never slept at all. Not really.

When I went back home I laid down and stayed there for as long as I could before jumping up and pacing.

I needed to do something.

Anything!

I just needed to get this off my mind.

I went out in my trousers and tunic. I'd had to convince Scar to let me keep my pants. He'd mentioned burning all of them once and I'd put up a hell of a fight for them so he laid off.

I exited the town and found my bow. I strung it up and expected all of the arrows. I'd have to replace several of them soon. 

I climbed up a tree I was very familiar with and waited.

I heard some rustling and turned that way, ready to release the arrow at the slightest movement.

When a few wolves burst through the brush, I lowered the weapon.

One of them shifted and it was Talon "Hey, whoever you are, come down!" He shouted.

I hopped down and Talon stopped, his eyes widening "V!"

His gaze went down to my chest "You're...a woman." He muttered.

I sighed "Yes, I am. I suppose you're here for that infuriating bastard, eh?"

He nodded, still staring at me in shock "Well, let's go. You might want to shift back. The ladies here still aren't used to seeing the truly immodest."

Talon did without further comment, which was surprising and followed me. 

I slung my bow and arrows over my shoulders, content to carry them home.

When we got to town's center I just waved them in "Last time I saw him he was in there." 

Talon stopped as if saying "You're not going to show us inside?"

By the look on my face he saw that was a definite no. He trotted in with a few members of his pack trailing behind him. 

I went home.

Scar's POV

When Talon walked in all naked and such, Rhyn and I fell silent.

I heard various gasps around the room as the human females left and the mates of our males shifted a little uncomfortably, but stayed where they were. They would have to get used to it.

He sat down across from us with raised eyebrows "So..." He started, staring at me with wide eyes "a woman?" 

I sighed and rubbed my face "Yeah. Can we not talk about Vas for the moment being? We haven't been on the best of terms since..."

I trailed off and Rhyn supplied "Since every time they're in the same room they nearly end up coming to blows."

I felt an ache begin between my eyes and rubbed it "Yes, that. Shall we visit the infirmary?"

Talon nodded and stood. Pants were thrown at him and he thanked his pack member as he slipped them on.

We all headed to Madge's and just happened to find Vas and Julie there with Madge all leaning over a book with strange drawings in it. Julie exclaimed "Madge...look! There it is! Human blood is used for this one!"

Vas grumbled "She wasn't exactly human, Julie. That and it just says a small incision."

Madge butted in, waving them off "You two, she was drowned! She still has blood in her."