Chapter 21:

"Guys I tried to call but my phone messed up and and i-"

Demi rushes in front of us, tears flowing down her cheeks. My stomach flips nervously, Harrys hand squeezing tighter.

"What are you talking about, D?"

I stumble quickly, my eyes frantic. Her eyes squeeze shut for a moment and opens her mouth to speak but Doctor Robinson walks up.

"Mr and Mrs Styles," He says from under his bushy grey mustache. Demi looks relieved she doesn't have to tell us, sobbing into her hands.

"Your daughter, Scarlette, well for the time-being the cancer has made its way to the point where it's affecting her voice. She cant talk for awhile, I'm sorry. You can go see her, she just woke up,"

He says, running through the papers on his clipboard. I squeeze my eyes together, feeling the tears spilling over my cheeks. Harrys arms wrap me into his shirt, allowing me to cry on his shoulder. He's not crying but his eyes are red, he's trying to look brave for me. My hand goes to his cheek, staring up into his eyes.

"You don't have to act brave for me Harry,"

I whisper, burrying my head into his warm chest. His cologne is strong, my favorite on him.

"I do in front of Scarr. Look at me,"

He starts, tilting my head up to look at him.

"She's going to be fine, okay? She's a fighter,"

I smile a little, blinking back the tears and entering her room. She sits there, rubbing the bandages on her neck, looking confused. The little girl that couldn't keep her mouth shut on her own, cant even say a word. Her eyes light up at the sight of us, looking around the room. She makes a writing motion and I take out a piece of notebook paper and pen from my bag {in case a fan has nothing to sign} and hand it to her. Then she starts, scribbling backwards letters and a full page of the words for lips cant express.

"I didn't know she could write,"

Harry mumbles to me, marveling at her. I smile, also stunned.

"Yeah, she does. She just learned to though,"

I say, looking at her smile. Her outstretched hand holds a letter written in sloppy writing with hearts dotted on the i's.