Chapter 20

For days, all Jason could think about was Sara. He felt guilty for doing what he did to her, she didn't deserve it. She showed him love when he didn't deserve it. He couldn't understand why, but he knew it was because of his sister's spell. Even so, he had finally gotten a taste of what being loved was like.

He would smile at the feel of it, but then remembered what he did. Every night he would sit there, looking at that blood coated blade. He knew he could end it all, well, his life at least. But then Sara would still be left without her father and fighting a war against his greedy race.

Now, he was freeing her father. He would sit in the cell while Dimitri ate. Dimitri would sometimes pick a conversation with him, curious about him.

Jason never told him his past though. Not how he managed to save his sister when he was barely an adult, not how his parents were killed. He was terrified of telling anyone. He didn't want pity, it made him panic. He couldn't handle anyone being nice to him. He wasn't used to it.

Yet, with Sara, he liked it. He loved how she made him feel safe when he wanted to run and hide. How she was able to comfort him when he started to panic, telling himself that the werewolves were going to kill him.

He wanted to apologize, to tell her that he's sorry for everything he did. He wanted to tell her to be happy with her mate, wanting her to know how much he cares about her before he leaves her life permanently.

He looked up as Dimitri told him he was done, he gently grabbed the tray and stood up.

"I'll be back tomorrow evening. I'll let you go." He told him before leaving.

He knew the sudden change is going to anger everyone else, but he was determined to get Dimitri out before they attacked him. For he made his decision two days ago.

His life for Sara's happiness.