Chapter 14

Sage sighed as she searched through the documents and books on skin-walkers. She wanted to know as much as she could about them. Where they usually live, all their abilities, their mates, history, how to catch their scent once they cover it, and so on.

While doing this, she already organized all of the guard's schedules, started creating war plans for their war with the skin walkers, spoke to all of the alphas around the world, made sure they had back-up in case they needed it, and created a place for those who can't fight, to hide in. That was in only two days and she felt proud of herself, she was amused with the slightly annoyed sexist council.

Logan would give her some tips here and there on improving the kingdom, but was surprised when she was already one step ahead.

"Sissy!"

Sage snapped her head up to see Winter sprinting into the office, a worried look on her face. Sage quickly closed the book and rushed over to her younger sister.

"What?" She asked.

Winter caught her breath before answering. "Sara is fweaking out! She's compwetely fweaked out! Like...really fweaked out!"

Sage chuckled at her little sister before picking her up. "Well, why don't we go and check on her?"

Winter nodded, Sage chuckled again before walking out of their father's office. When they reached Sara's hospital room she was looking at a male nurse with wide eyes. The male nurse seemed concerned and slightly hurt as he looked back at her.

"What's going on?" Sage questioned.

She placed Winter down as both of them looked at her.

"He's my mate...but how? I thought Jason was my mate!" Sara exclaimed.

The man frowned, "Who is Jason?"

Sage sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "He was Sara's mate. Maybe he's you're second chance mate?"

"You said they don't exist." Sara replied flatly.

Sage pursed her lips, "I did say that, didn't I? Okay, well...maybe they do. I was sixteen at the time, so, I wouldn't have believed me either."

Sara frowned before looking back at the male nurse. She bit her lip, "You are hot."

Sage chuckled as so did the man, he shook his head. He then smiled down at the slightly confused she-wolf.

"Thank you." He said softly.

Sage smiled, "He won't be like Jason. Don't push him away."

With that, she grabbed Winter and walked out. She frowned as she thought over what had just happened. She knew second chance mates didn't exist unless two mate less wolves meet and fall in love. Or if a mate less wolf meets a human and so on.

This is weird. She thought to herself.