Chapter 1

So I looked up that Austin boy on social media, and I found out that he sings, and like me he doesn't have a dad. He also doesn't have any siblings. So he lives alone with his mom like I do. We have a little bit in common. I feel like I should talk to him, and get to know him a little. I'm just shy, and I feel like he may be too. Even though he has a YouTube where he posts singing covers and other random videos.

Wait! He knows Alex Constancio? They're best friends?

Alex was my really close guy friend in elementary school, and then we stopped talking. We just lost touch, I would always see him around school but we'd just never say a word. Now he's best friends with Austin? Posting videos on YouTube called 'Cool Morning'?

So if I can get close with Austin, I can become friends with Alex again. Which would be great. I never really liked him but up till middle school he was my guy best friend, we talked about everything and he looked after me like the older brother I never had. God I miss those days. One time he got suspended for punching a kid who was picking on me. I don't think I ever repaid him for that... Oops.

***

The bell rings and the last period of history class is over

C'mon Kat, you've got this. Just go up to him and say something to him. I keep telling myself while walking out of class.

So I do it, I speed walk and catch up to him.

"Hey... Um Austin right?" I say trying not to be awkward.

"That's me. And you're names Katherine, right?"

"Yeah, but all of my friends call me Kat."

"Kat, that's nice."

We started walking together towards his house.

"So, Kat, do you want to come over, maybe. We could just hang up, talk some-more you know." Austin asked politely.

"Yeah, sure I'd like that." And I text my mom to tell her where I'll be. As if she's home anyways.

So we go to his house.

We walk in and his mom is sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey Austin, did you have a good day? Oh! Who's this Austin?" His mom says in a cheerful tone.

"This is Kat, she's a friend from my school." Austin said.

"Well hello Kat, my name is Michelle, welcome we're glad to have you."

"Thanks Ms.Mahone" I say

"Oh please, call me Michelle."

And we headed up to Austin's room

When we walk in all of his walls and even his ceiling is covered in pictures that are drawn. Each saying different things like "we love you Austin" "Germany loves Austin" etc...

"Austin, what are all of these posters and drawings all over your walls?" I ask him

"It's fan mail. You see I have a YouTube channel where I sing, and do covers of songs. I also have a small fan base that I call my Mahomies,  based off my last name Mahone. It also sounds like My Homies, and that's what I think of my fans as being. Not just my supporters but my friends. So I have a P.O. Box and a lot of what they send me is posters. I hang them on my wall to show how much I appreciate them, and it's a nice background for my videos."

"That's so cool Austin, and it's so good that you can show as much respect for your fans as they show for you." 

So Austin and I continued to talk about our lives, and our different hobbies. We exchanged numbers, and addresses. In case he ever wanted to come over to my house sometimes. He also was telling me that he was thinking about maybe signing with a record label in the near future, but him and his mom were still debating whether or not he should because he's still quite young.

So we talked more until my mom called me and told me I should head home. Austin insisted that he walk me home. Because like me he'd failed his drivers test and didn't have a car.

As we made it to my house, I somehow found a short cut from our houses, there was a street that I'd never known about after all this time, that saved a trip basically around the entire west side of the town. It really saved sometime. It's also good knowing that anytime Austin or I wants to go to one another's house for some reason we only live 1.5 miles away. Which is about a 10 minute walk!