Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (6)

Ello Simpsonizers! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to watch Cody Simpson's new music video to "Not Just You" on YouTube which premiered yesterday! :-)

*IMPORTANT* When I write "Play video now" play the video in the sidebar, please.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Who is the sexiest celebrity?" Alli asked.

I knew the answer to that question in a heartbeat. Cody Robert Simpson.

"Robert Pattinson?" I guessed, holding a magazine up to my face in defense.

Alli scoffed. She made a buzzard sound and gave me a thumbs down.

"Taylor Lautner?" I quickly said.

Alli chirped and gave me a thumbs up, throwing a cheese doodle in my direction.

I catched it in my mouth and crunched on it happily.

"Next time we should try this with grapes." I suggested.

Alli sighed. "You're right. We should try and eat healthier."

There was a short pause and we both exchanged guilty looks.

"Want another cheese doodle?" Alli suddenly asked, holding up the bag of chips.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't." I grinned, reaching over toward Alli to grab another cheese doodle.

- - -
An hour later, Cody skipped downstairs, buttoning his shirt on his wrist.

"Hello lovely sister." He sing songed, not realizing I was in the room with him.

"Where's my brother and what kind of deal do I have to offer you so he can stay wherever he is?" Alli cautiously asked.

Cody chuckled. "I'm going on a da--Cara?"

I waved shyly.

"Hey," Cody warmly smiled. "How much of that did you hear?"

I furrowed my eyes in confusion, preteding I didnt understand what he was talking about.

"I heard enough to know that Alli thinks you were abducted by aliens." I added a fake laugh to make myself look more convincible.

"That is not the Cody Simpson my mother sadly brought into this world." Alli sighed.

Cody blinked his eyes and nodded, not being convinced by what I said.

"I guess I'll see you guys later then?" Cody said, putting his hands in his pocket.

I nodded and smiled softly, staring at the carpeted floor.

Before Cody turned the knob to leave, Alli called out his name.

"Where ya going?" She asked curiously.

"To go and find Cody Robert Simpson." He replied sarcastically, grinning and closing the door behind him.
- - -
"I don't know what to say, Cara." Christian said hopelessly.

I shrugged and looked down, kicking the dirt with my boots.

"You're supposed to tell me how much of a jerk Cody is." I mumbled.

Christian pushed himself forward on the swing.

"If going on a date with another girl is going to make Cody happy, then shouldn't you be supportive of your friend?" Christian stated.

I sighed. "That's my point, Christian. I don't know what to call Cody and I. We've gone from being friends, to best friends, to in a relationship, to enemies."

"An enemy is someone you dislike." Christian reminded me.

I huffed. "I dislike Cody."

Christian scoffed. I rolled my eyes and quickly said "I hate how I love him."

Christian's eyes lit up when I said the four lettered word.

He jumped out of his swing and picked me up, spinning me around in circles.

I giggled and slapped his shoulder, begging for him to put me down. When he did, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug.

Christian returned the hug and smiled, pulling back.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"For being the best guy friend any girl could ever have." I told him.

Christian started blushing and I pinched his cheeks.

"Since you made me genuinely laugh for the first time in a few months, I am going to return the favor." I assured Christian.

He raised his eyebrow and gave me a confused expression. "I don't like where this is going."

"You're going to love where this is going." I said innocently, winking.
- - -
"I can't believe you're making me do this." Christian groaned.

I shushed him, interlocking our elbows together.

"Christian, you need someone who is going to make you happy. And do you know who is going to make you happy?" I asked him, my question coming out more as a statement.

Christian rolled his eyes, dreading my answer.

"Who is going to make me happy?" He finally asked.

I grinned. "That cutie in the lime green and white jacket!" I said, pulling him toward the guy.

I tapped on his shoulder politely and he turned around. As soon as his eyes spotted Christian's, he smiled cheekily.

"Why, hello there." The guy said, taking Christians hand in his and kissing it.

Christian made a disgusted face and pulled his hand away.

"Playing hard to get? I like it!" The guy winked.

Christian laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head.

"I'm Cara and this is my best guy friend, Christian Beadles." I politely introduced Christian and I.

The guy didn't seem to notice me. He was making direct, awkward eye contact with Christian.

I was expecting for Christian to flirt back, but instead he just stood there, not saying anything.

"My name is Beck." He said, holding up his two hands and mouthing 'Rawr.'

I slapped my hand across my mouth trying to hold in a laugh.

"So," Christian quickly said. "Are you interested in females? My lovely friend Cara here is single." Christian said.

I glared at him.

"I'm fat, single and ready for a pringle." Beck smirked, licking his lips flirtaciously.

"Oh my gosh, I can't do this anymore!" Christian cried out, pulling me away from Beck.

Once we were a fair distance away from Beck, Christian took in a deep breath and began rambling.

"Cara, I'm not gay. I only told Alli I was gay because I lo-like her and was too nervous to admit it." Christian explained.

I nodded, pulling him into a hug.

"I was excited about having a gay best friend, but I understand." I smiled supportingly. "But, there's someone who doesn't."

Christian furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. I elbowed the central fountain where Beck was waiting for us--or should I say Christian?

Christian sighed and put his hands in his pocket, walking toward Beck and kindly explaining  the situation.

"That is too bad." Beck said devilishly. He pulled out a folded piece of paper and slipped it into Christian's back pocket.

"That's my number. Call me if you ever change your mind, big boy." Beck winked, walking away.

Christian shivered and I chuckled, pulling him toward Pinkberry.

"C'mon, big boy," I teased. "I think some frozen yogurt is what we both need right now."
- - -
"I think you should tell Alli how you truely feel about her." I suggested, taking another scoop out of my lime flavored frozen yogurt.

Christian nodded in agreement. "I hope Alli will understand."

I scoffed. "You could tell her Cody was abducted by aliens and she'll still understand." I joked.

Christian shuddered. "What happens if I tell her the truth and she gets upset?"

I frowned and held up my right palm. "Don't think about the negative." I warned him.

Christian sighed. "Besides," I added, nudging him. "The worst scenario that could happen is when you're going to confess how much you truely adore her, another earthquake hits and the ground between you cracks into two, separating Alli and you forever."

Christian cringed at the thought. I pursed my lips, feeling bad. "Not helping am I?"

Christian finished his frozen yogurt and we stood up, ready to throw our ice-cream out.

He shook his head. "Nope, not really."

We both chuckled, throwing our food into the trash.

I looked up to find Cody and something similar to where I just was - garbage.

Cody raised his eyebrows and looked from me to Christian. He glared at Christian, but when his eyes locked onto mine, he softened up.

"Hey, Beadles and Cara. What are you two doing here?" Cody asked.

The girl beside him looked familiar. She was beautiful while I was painfully average.

"We were just hanging out." Christian said, knowing I didn't want to answer the question.

Cody nodded. "Cool," he muttered.

"My name is Hailey." The girl said, reaching out to shake Christian and I's hand. I hesitantly shook her hand and smiled.

No wonder she looked extremely familiar. She was the female lead role in the "On My Mind" music video.

"If you guys didn't already eat, you should join Hailey and I for a treat." Cody suggested.

Hailey glared at him and I smiled kindly.

"Oh, nah. We alrea--" I cut Christian off.

"We were just about to eat, weren't we, Christian?" I batted my eyelashes at him innocently.

He nodded.

Cody grinned. "Nice. Lime and coconut frozen yogurt for you, Cara. How about you Beadles and Hailey?" Cody asked them.

Seeing Cody with another girl hurt me, but it made me smile a little knowing that Cody remembered even the littlest of details about me.
- - -
"So, what have you and Christian done so far?" Cody asked nonchalantly.

I looked at Christian and the corner of his mouth curled into a smile.

I held in a chuckle by coughing and Cody narrowed his eyes at me.

"I got a guy's number." I said, playing around with my frozen yogurt that I haven't even touched.

Christian immediately began laughing and I snickered.

I looked up to meet Cody's eyes and they looked hurt and embarrassed.

"What have you and Hailey been up to?" I asked, feeling the tension.

"Cody and I just go--" Cody cut Hailey off.

"We watched Contagious, walked around the mall and shopped." Cody quickly said.

Hailey raised her eyebrow and gave him a confused look. "We did?"

Cody nodded. "Remember?" He laughed nervously. "Don't sniff the fruitsalad!" He said as if it were an insider.

Hailey nodded, understanding what he was trying to do.

"Don't sniff the fruitsalad is from iCarly." Christian said, crossing his arms in confusion.

"What a coincidence?"
- - -

*PLAY VIDEO NOW*

Five hours later, I was in Alli's house. It was 9:45 P.M. and we were lounging in her living room.

"What do you think about Christian?" I suddenly blurted, surprising myself.

Alli wiped her head around to look at me and shrugged.

"I think he is a great bestfriend and I accept him for who he is." Alli muttered, staring at the carpeted floor.

I bit my lip. "Alli, do you still have, y'know. Feelings for him?" I quietly asked.

"No, I never did." She said quickly.

"Alli, don't deny it. I can see right through you." I said. "Literally. Your bra is showing in your white tee." I added, giggling.

Alli smiled and zipped up her sweater, joining me on the couch.

I wrapped my arms around my knees, resting my head on my thigh.

I was wearing a white tank top under my creme colored knit shirt from Garage, skinny jeans that were cuffed at the bottom and my favorite pair of white Toms.

"Love sucks." I muttered.

Alli patted my back soothingly. "Yep, it does."

"Is there a brightside this time?" I asked her hopelessly.

She shrugged. "No, we'll die forever alone." She said.

We both moaned.

"Hey, at least we'll have each other, right?" Alli said, grinning.

I playfully pushed her off of the couch and whined.

"I prefer Cody." I mumbled.

She stuck out her and tongue and we walked upstairs into her room. I followed her into her balcony and heard laughter coming from above.

"Do you hear that?" Alli asked. I shushed her and listened.

"Cody, why were you acting like that in Pinkberry with Cara? We never did any of those things." Hailey asked.

"I don't know why." Cody answered.

"I think you have feelings for her." Hailey said matter-of-factly.

"She's just a friend." Cody responded.

If I'm just a friend, then why do I know what your lips feel like?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

TYSM for reading! Don't forget to Vote, add this story to your Library and comment!

Comment your favorite part :-D

I love y'all!

HCHC,

Hugs and Cody!