Chapter Twenty - Frank's POV

AUTHOR'S NOTE: So, as always, there's not really a good answer as to why this update has taken so long. I think part of it has been my technology issues; my old laptop stopped working almost complete, so I couldn't do any real writing and/or editing until I got my new one (which works WONDERFULLY! Very glad to have a Gateway back in my life. Our home computer, which was older than me, was a Gateway and worked greatly for a really long time and just recently broke down, but all the Dells, HPs, etc. that I've ever had have pretty much gone to hell within a year or three.)
Also, my cousins who I see maybe once a year were here for about a week or two, so there was that as well.
There's the fact that I start my freshman year (for any of you who don't know, I'm fourteen and just now heading into the terrifying world of high school, haha,) so there's also been that pressure to distract me.

I do have to say, this chapter pulled together better than I thought it would. It's quite a bit awkward in some places I think, but I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.

I get a lot of questions along the lines of "Is Folie over?" and "Was that the last chapter of Folie?" and to answer those questions, I'll say this: You'll know the last chapter when it comes, I'll be sure to put it in the title of the chapter, it's status will be changed to complete, and I'll announce it in the author's note, but we are FAR from that chapter!

If anyone has any other questions regarding the story, please feel free to ask! I've been bad about responding to comments in the past, but I really do promise to do better from now on.

I'm considering writing a second fic, after Folie. Not related in any way, it won't be a sequel, but I'm thinking about going in another direction entirely, somewhere along the lines of magic and two boys named Frank and Gerard just trying to figure out where the hell they fit in... But more on that later. I probably won't do any posting for that until after Folie is completed, but I may post a small introduction when we near the end of Folie.

Anyway, enough of my talking, I hope everyone enjoys!

Peace, love, and all things unholy,
Eve

---

I don't know how long we sat on the bathroom floor. Maybe ten minutes, maybe just two. It could've been an hour.

It felt like that, like hours.

I sat next to Gerard, and he rested his head on top of mine.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked eventually.

"I dunno," he said, quietly, shrugging. He sat up straight and I did, too, turning my head to look at him. "I didn't think it was important."

I sighed. "Of course it's important. Everything about you is important to me."

Gerard didn't say anything for a while, and then; "While I'm telling you things, I own a gun."

"I know. Mikey told me."

He sighed. "I figured he would. You do know, I wouldn't- I won't-"

"I know," I said. "I know how against all types of violence you are, Mr. Make The Kid With Arachnophobia Kill Spiders For You."

He smiled, just barely. "Yeah. It's just... Stress reliever, ya know?"

"Yeah. Why haven't I seen you with it before, though?"

He shrugged. "I just... I dunno. I haven't touched it in a really long time."

I titled my head at him. "How'd you even get started with the whole 'gun,' thing? It doesn't seem like something you'd be interested in."