Chapter 4

"Thats all for shopping, now its time to get back to your prison and paint" I sigh and smile at Abby, her trying to make me feel better only adding to my dread.

"Its going to be fine. Besides, I hear that Max is your first warrior and knowing him he won't do anything with you, he is saving himself for when he finds his mate." I sigh with relief.

"Thank god for that." I state and my friend laughs.
We finally get into her land rover and drive back to the cottage, my prison. The one I will only be able to leave for some shoping trips with Abby.

"Well where do you wanna paint first?" She asks and I sigh.

"The nursary, I want to paint it the powder blue."I say. It will never be the design I had wanted for my babies because it will never be theirs for the rest of their life, and I will never raise them and watch them grow up.

A trail of warmth flows down my face and I reach up, feeling fresh tears on my skin.

I don't think I could do this at all.

"Laina are you okay?" Abby looked at me from the side and I shook my head.

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I AM OKAY?" I shouted, finally snapping.

"YOU GET TO LIVE A FÜCKING HAPPY LIFE, GROW OLD WITH A MATE THAT LOVES YOU, HAVE PUPS AND RAISE THEM!" I scream, slamming my fist on the dash bord and feeling it dent with my strength.

"WANNA KNOW HOW LONG MY PUPS ARE IN MY LIFE? TWO YEARS. THATS IT. I DON'T GET TO BE A MOTHER THEY DESERVE, I DON'T GET TO SEE THEIR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. I GET NOTHING AND ALL YOU CAN DO FOR ME IS SHOP AND GET THE HOUSE READY SO THAT I CAN BE RAPED AND USED!" I didn't notice that the car had stoped and how tight my so called friend was gripping the steering wheel.

"Geez Laina, tell me how you really feel?" She says sarcastically and I growl.

"Stay out of my life." Was my reply as I slam open the car door, get out, and slam it shut, hearing the metal grind together and knowing that the door will never open again.

I make my way into the house as the squeel of tires fill the yard.

"Miss Laina?" It was one of my guards and I just smiled meekly.

"Don't worry about it." I whisper and he nods before handing me a handkerchief.

"My mother was a breeder. I knew that the people who raised me weren't my parents, it just didn't feel right. One day while we were school shopping a woman came up to me and said my name. Everything about her seemed so familiar and the next thing I knew I was hugging her and begging her not to leave me. My adoptive parents finally told me who she was that night and after that I met my siblings. My mother and I still talk to this day, not the people that raised me, even though I still talk to them, but the woman who was force to give me up. I know what your children will go through. Just remember that if I can find a way to get you out before its too late, I will." My eyes widen at his confession and I hug the man.

"I'm Alex by the way." He laughs out.

"Well Alex, I am recruiting you for painting the rooms with me." We laugh and for the rest of the day and the next we spent hours painting the rooms and decorating them when the furniture arrived, we even did some landscaping, the cottage finally looking both beautiful inside and out.

"You know, its been fun hanging out with you." Alex says, us sitting on the back porch with hot cocoa in our hands.

"Its been fun hanging with you too." I laugh, a genuin smile on my face.

"Well I should let you go rest, the Alpha comes to check on you tomorrow." He kisses the top of my head gently and heads inside, I can hear the sink running as he cleans his mug, then he is gone for the night.

Sighing, I head inside and start getting ready for bed, taking a shower and making sure everythig was ready for tomorrow. Whether I liked it or not, the Alpha was going to take my virginity and I would fully become a breeder.