Love Breakdown

Hey, this is my first story written on here and it's been wrote especially for you guys.

Read this one and tell me what you think! If I get a few comments and votes I'll keep writing it! Thanks so much! ;)

The time is 7:36 am. I sit on the big yellow transportation machine in my usual seat. The seat with the bar that goes across for my feet to rest on. Ear buds shoved into my ears and I can still hear the howling of annoying little kids, at least thirteen of them. Sometimes I wonder if my parents just enjoy the stress and torture of putting me on the bus and going to a place where the things I learn will be forgotten after summer vacation anyway.

As we cross over the Shotwell town line into more of a civilization than I was brought up, I fidget, nervously, fixing things on me and around me that have no need of fixing like my binders all correctly arranged in my bag, continuing to scrunch my mussed, dark brown hair, pulling my shirt down over my waistline where when I get up it will stay put.

I change the song on my ipod to something more suitable for going into the town. As the bus slows by my stop I start to get shaky because there's always a possibility of tripping down the bus steps or getting stuck in the isle with the load of books, binders and bags I'm carrying. The biggest thing that worries me is one of the people standing, waiting patiently with his friends for the second bus to come and take us away to the torture grounds, school. Wade Logan. Untouchable for people like me though. Every time I see his striking dirty blonde hair, deep brown eyes, tall, jock- like body, I swear my heart skips two beats.

I succeed in getting off the bus safely without any bodily harm. He looks up from his ipod smiling and locks eyes with me. Like staring into two deep pools of dark chocolate, my heart, yet again, beats like hummingbird wings. I don't let it stop me from walking though even if my legs do feel like jello. I quickly look away and drop my heavy adidas bag onto the tar sidewalk and find something to do other than look at his handsomeness like change the song yet again.

Ten minutes passed and the other bus comes slowly down the kid filled residential street stopping every fifty feet, and I can only see because the street goes on straight for about a mile. The steam brake goes off when it arrives just in front of me blowing a cloud of dust up in the air. Now I have another thing to worry about but the other way around this time. Tripping on to the bus, in front of Wade. And just my luck, I stumble on the second step, banging my shin right into the metal.

" Ouch", I shriek.

" Hey! Are you alright?", asks a deep voice behind me. I look up and behind me to find none other than Wade himself, good looks and all.

" Um, yeah, just a trip, thanks." I continued on to the middle area of the bus and slump down in my seat and feel someone sit down in the seat directly behind me. I turn quickly curious to see who and I wish I hadn't because I almost met faces with Wade. I flip back around and pull my hair down around the sides of my jacket. Focus on something else Janelle. I tell myself. So I begin a game of klondike on my ipod to save my thoughts from wandering the rest of the ride to hell. It doesn't work a few times and I try to look beside me into the reflection of the window to see him but not make it too obvious. When the bus comes to a stop in front of the two floor Skylark Hill High, I gather up my things getting nervous, once more, about the journey off the bus. As usual, people cut me off as I try to get out into the isle and escape this smelly yellow banana.

" Go ahead", says the familiar deep voice that I long to hear all the time. I look up into those brown pools of sure beauty and mutter a thanks and move along with a pulse of a million beats per second.

I succeed in getting to my first class ( Anatomy) on time. I wait the horribly long 72 minutes for the next class to come and save me from pure boredom. My next class is sports fitness and I get excited for this class because of my passion for soccer, baseball, you name it. And I don't need to worry about embarrassing myself in front of Wade because he doesn't share the same schedule as me. Except study hall. At first I was upset about this but then happy because I can't embarrass myself in any way in study hall while presenting or tripping over the ball in sports. In study hall, I'm free to admire him from across the room without getting caught ( usually). Okay! Do not go and thinking I am some stalker. I am just having an ordinary crush here! Maybe...?!

All changed and out on the gym floor with the big painting of our mascots on it, I'm in my red adidas shorts and a black Burton board tee. Teams are chosen and we start a game of soccer. It's free played, no rules really.

We're deep in the game and nobody cares about the scores when I'm dribbling the ball towards the goal when someone's leg swings in around my foot to take the ball and trip me ( no rules remember)! I stumble to the hard glossy floor, my forearms sheltering my fall somewhat. I quickly get up afraid of getting trampled and to see who the hell tripped me! I turn around and see the total unexpected dribbling MY soccer ball towards the other goal! And guess who's name had the definition of total unexpected? Wade Logan. That's who. He gently kicked the ball into our goal right past our spacey goalie and ran around the gym high-fiving his buds. I was so mad. Where did the sweetness go from this morning? Never mind. I guess he's just another jock. Why can't any of the men that I crush on be nice, honest, cute, and sexy all in one? And not to mention, why is he even in here? He doesn't have this class! As I questioned this, he left the gym behind my back, and I swear I saw him glance back my way looking sorry, before turning the corner.

Third, fourth, and fifth periods went by like a shot. Soon I was climbing back on the bus. No sports were going on then and I was very lucky to find an empty seat near the middle of the bus. Almost everyone was doubled up but not quite when Wade boarded. I tried not to make eye contact with him and luckily it worked and he walked right by my seat. No kids were coming down the double stairs anymore outside the school so the driver revved up to go, when I was shoved into my seat ALL the way against the window by some stupid jerk who isn't good enough to sit with their friends. I looked up to see who the looser was ( because I am always stuck with one) and I almost got heart failure due to two dark brown eyes, boring a hole in my greenish blue ones. It was so close that I could feel the persons breath on my nose, due to them being taller than I am by about four inches. I sucked in a quick breath and turned my head away from Wade' s slightly un- perfect facial features. What the hell is he doing sitting with me? The jerk! I said nervously to myself.

" Hello." Jesus he's talking to me now.

" Why are you sitting here?" I often speak without thinking. Wade looked taken aback by my abrupt question.

" Uh, umm, there's nowhere else to sit!" He stuttered. I knew there were many other open seats but I just left it out there. Sometimes I think he has feelings for me but then my mind corrects me by telling me that I am no where near his type of girl. So all pleasant thoughts I have are shot down by reality.

" Hey, I'm sorry I tripped you today." Was he really trying to have a conversation here? And not to mention, apologising? So I tried to play it cool.

" Uhmm, you tripped me today?"

" Oh come on, I know you know I tripped you. You should have seen the look on your face!" He chuckled. " Balls of fire, thats what they were. But anyway it doesn't matter because what I did was selfish and I wasn't even in that class. I'm sorry Janelle." I was very shocked by how he knew my name and his jerk side switched immediately over to the sweet side of him.

I noticed all the things around me at that moment. His warmer leg pressed against my thigh, out of my peripheral him looking at me, the loud noise of everyone else chattering away and the silence of him and I. The ride back to town seemed longer than ever with his presence, but finally the jerk of the bus slowing down arrived and once again the air brake crashed and kids were loading off the bus, except for Wade and I. I looked at him questioningly like, hello? Get off the bus now! He was staring into my eyes with something I didn't recognize and without even looking he rose up and out into the isle to exit the bus. I was left there, thinking.

That night I couldn't sleep due to my wandering thoughts about Wade. The things I knew about him, he was fairly new to the High School, he was 18 already and a senior, he had four older brothers and was the baby in the family. I was also thinking about the things I wanted to know like what he wants to be when he grows older, his favorites, all and any of the other things I didn't know.

I dreamt about him during the short night probably because I was thinking about him until I fell asleep. It's kind of sad, I know. But I think I have it bad.