Chapter 2 - Ulterior Motives

(Dedication for the first person to add my story to their library!! Thanks x)

*Chapter 2 - Ulterior Motives*

 A week had passed since the rejection of Darren and to say we were still on rough ground would be an understatement. Luckily my friends weren’t holding a grudge as Carla sort of proved by accepting my invitation over to my house the following Friday.

We had walked home from our school and got fast food on the way. Carla and I were now sitting in our own little sanctuary of my room, surrounded by wrappers and general junk. It had decided by a silent and mutual agreement that we had done our daily quota for exercise and we were sitting side by side on my bed. I was on my laptop and she was on her ipod, playing Temple Run.

I was on my facebook account, which if I’m truthful was a complete waste of time making. I had only 40 friends, and the only things on my wall was spam from various apps or the odd post from Danielle or Carla. My newsfeed was about the most interesting thing on it and I had just scrolled pointlessly down it for about the twentieth time in as many minutes.

Carla looked over and must have sensed that I was bored senseless as she waved her ipod in front of my face and said “Want a go? Can I check my facebook?” Her on the other hand, took full advantage of her facebook page. She could always be found talking to at least three people on chat at the same time.

After a couple of games of Temple Run, I glanced over at her screen and having the very interesting conversations of “Hey, Hi, What’s up? Nothing, you? Nothing. Who you loving? No one, you? No one.” Hold me back!

I wasn’t thinking at that point in time but someone had just said “Who you loving?” and it ironically happened to be a guy, so I hastily typed in and sent “You <3” Carla flipped.

“Sarah?! What the hell….? Oh my God…..” She rushed to type “Sorry that was my friend.” I couldn’t help myself laughing. I wasn’t done talking to people, this was fun!

“Come on! Can I please talk to him? You have to admit it’s funny!”

“Eh, no?” I tried to look defeated, but if Carla had known me super well, she would know I had an ulterior motive.

“Ok! Ok! I’m just going to the bathroom.” I waltzed out my bedroom and walked into the guest bedroom.

I wasn’t sure if she thought I was as thick as a brick, or totally unobservative. But somehow it had slipped her mind that she had the facebook app on  her ipod, which I had casually slipped in my back pocket while sliding off my bed.

Scrolling through the numerous people on my, well Carla’s chat list. I selected a couple of victims and set off on my mission.

It started with a load of “Heyah babes!!” and then when people replied the things I said ranged from “Just sneezed there” to “Purple bananas are my life!” When I was suitably satisfied that people were properly freaked out, I rushed back into my room not wanting to be gone for a suspicious about of time.

Carla was gazing at herself in my large mirror on the door of my wardrobe and fixing the already perfectly placed clip, holding her honey coloured fringe back from her sallow face. It seemed she only noticed me standing in the doorway when she was pleased with her overall appearance.

“So.. want to play ‘Just Dance’ or something? I turned off your laptop. Have you seen my ipod?” She gestured to my laptop that was sitting underneath the duvet with the charger plugged in. I ran over in mock horror at it being left under a flammable medium and slipped her ipod under there as well because I knew I would never get away with having it.

We walked stiffly downstairs as we had been sitting for the last couple of hours and into the sitting room that had the wii set up in it. I pulled the game ‘Just Dance 3’ from the giant pile at the side of the television and found two working remotes. I put on a game setting called ‘Non-Stop Shuffle” and the first song that came up was ‘Boom’ by Reggaeton Storm. I groaned internally.

It was possibly the sluttiest song ever because it involved a lot of gyrating and stuff like that. We were in the middle of move that involved pumping our arms in and out from our chest.

“Love for you to that one in the middle of a disco!” she said with amusement in her voice.

“Em, no way!” I would never in a million years do anything like that in public, especially not in front of a hundred or so guys just waiting for the right moment to molest you…

Probably bored by my nonchalant reaction she said something that came as a little more of a surprise…

“Ooh! Let’s dress up like the dancer on this and do the dance again and film it” she was smirking uncontrollably.

I was just about to make yet another negative response when she bolted out of the sitting room and up the stairs, presumably into my room.

I raced up after her only to find her grabbing the handles of the two doors on my wardrobe, ripping it open and practically singing, “Oh My God, Sarah! You have such pretty clothes!” Nearly bouncing around, she selected a few items that were of interest to her and started to pull off her own top and try the floral top on.

I nearly flew over and took it out of her hands, I received a curious look from Carla. For some reason I had yet to figure out, I was extremely self-conscious about my clothes. I just hated anyone trying them on or stuff them full stop.

“No, just no, ok?” Carla looked estranged but seemed to find it no major hitch in the road.

We went back downstairs and played Just Dance for a while longer. We got tired and retreated to my bedroom once more, we both logged on our Facebook pages.

I had 35 notifications which I found a little odd… I mean who ever contacts me?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Wellllll that’s it!!!! I hope you like It, I’ll try to upload soon because writing this is actually really fun!!  Feedback is epic!!!! Comment!/vote!/message!/fan maybe?/ do whatever you people do!!!

Lol – lots of love <3 and laughing ;D