Chapter 11 - Smiley Faces

(Dedication for an awesome cover :D)

*Chapter Eleven – Smiley Faces*

It was the night after the Peter incident and I was now calling it… and no, I had not text back anything to him. I figured I could use the pretence of having no credit if I was asked about it but the truth was I didn’t want to. I had a couple of reasons for this; firstly I didn’t want to commit to a relationship with Peter, we haven’t talked properly in years and I don’t know if we are still at a rough patch in our relations. It may well have been a joke, something to rile me or just by one of his friends to simply mess with Peter. Another two reasons are I thought it was slightly vulgar and heartless asking a girl out by a text, yes even me, the heartless romantic, have some sort of feelings. And I didn’t want to just text back a sad face, I thought that would be a little mean…

After playing a little monologue in my head I turned my attention back to my open laptop, currently displaying the facebook homepage. I was logging on to go catch up on / stalk Peter’s page, call it what you like.

I had barely been on thirty seconds when a message popped up from Carla. It kind of scared me how quickly she registered I was online and wrote out a message. She sounded over-excited and hyper.. just like usual then!

Heyy Babes!!! :*

Hey, what’s up?

O u no, nutin much… music, hw, studying, fb, twitter. De Uss! HBY ??

I couldn’t help but notice what she referred to as ‘nothing much’ and ‘the usual’ – five different things at once? Is that even possible?

Sounds interesting! I’m just back from babysitting.

I typed out annoyed instant message quickly before she replied, I closed my eyes and pressed send before I could chicken out of it completely. I knew that if anyone would be able to tell me what to do about Peter it was Carla… she is like the guy encyclopaedia, in my opinion anyway. She could always predict what someone would do at what time, who would eventually end up going out with who, what relationships were doomed and which were matches made in Heaven. Safe to say she would know what to reply to a measly text like I had just received.

So… I need some advice. You know Peter who lives on my road right? He kind of asked me out… by text.

Her reply took a couple of minutes to come through, she was either typing out an essay for me, or she had internet problems… for some reason I doubted the latter opinion.

Okay, first I need the basics; when, why, how, where? Well I’m going to guess it was a little while ago, which is okay, leave him waiting – play hard to get girlfriend! Why? No offence honey but I have no idea… as far as you told me you guys haven’t talked in ages? My guess is he’s desperate or actually really likes you. Judging from his appearance last time I saw him, I’d say he’s completely and utterly desperate. How? You said he text you… LAME guy move! If he really wanted to go out with you he’d ask in person. Okay he’s either shy (I doubt it!), an ass, too lazy. Sorry but I’m guessing on the last. You seriously don’t ask someone out by text, it’s like worse that breaking up with them by texting someone! And lastly the where… seeing as you were babysitting and I doubt he would be the type to walk up to your house, get your number, walk home and text you. Refer to earlier where I said he is the lazy type…. My next guess is the field – such a history we have there! OMG I JUST REALISED!!!! What did he actually say?

Whoa… that was at least two hundred words she typed there, I think that may have actually been the longest message Carla had ever typed, to anyone. She was more of a quick reply, smiley type person. Thinking about that… her lack of smiley faces and text language astounded me, she was trying to be serious for once in her life. I felt kind of bad after reading the article she wrote for me and replying with one line but what can you do, she wanted to know the text!

Along the line of text back a smiling face for yes and sad face for no…

Whoa… now that’s just – TEXT BACK A SAD FACE!!

But I don’t want to be a bitch…

JUST DO IT! now… what was the maths homework?

It honestly amazed me at Carla’s ability to change subjects so quickly, I was still conflicted though over answering that text. . .

­­­It was another new chat message, not from Carla this time, which pulled me out of my reverie. It was a person that I expected would be arguing with me again, or apologising, or had accidently sent a message meant for someone else  because I doubted I was in for a colloquial conversation.  But what Jack said honestly shocked me, so much so I never thought about how he gained the information to send that message, for a minute anyway. The message read:

Text Peter back a :(

Hastily I typed out my reply and sent it, not thinking exactly. ‘Tactical move idiot, I scolded myself after.’

Why? I was planning on just sending back a question mark…. Wait! How do you know about that?

Carla told me:)

Please excuse me a moment, just going to kill her =)

kk?

She told him?! And he said reply a no…? I didn’t have time to think about why that was… yet anyway. Firstly I had to confront Carla about why she took the liberty of telling Jack about something I would have preferred him not to know at the moment anyway.  

At this point in time Carla was simply complaining about the amount of maths homework she had just realised we had gotten, me being the sensible person that I am, did it all straight after I came home from school. I decided to just blurt out my frustrations at her rather than bother with beating around the bush, hit the nail on the head, I think.

Why did you feel the need to tell Jack about Peter?!

The poor boy deserves to know….

What the hell? “deserves to know”?

Why?? Please explain I’m dying to know…

He’s lonely:)

Does he have a girlfriend to keep him company?:L

While I typed out that sentence I felt something that felt almost like scorn, was I jealous? No, that couldn’t be it, but I did feel bitter about the fact he had gotten himself a girlfriend…

lol no, he thought just because he met someone at the last social it counted as them going out… haha he’s so weird. He was like heartbroken when he saw her making out with someone else yesterday outside school.

oh… haha

A couple of emotions ran through me when I read that message; I felt a weird surge of happiness run through me at the fact he was actually single, why, no one knows. I felt like pointing and laughing at him for actually presuming that one slutty kiss actually meant a commitment, the girl probably had some disease. Then I felt a little, more than a little, shocked over that mix of reactions and how derogatory I was to the girl… she could be a perfectly lovely person simply under peer pressure… maybe.

After all the new information I had just gotten I realised I had better get replying to Jack, I carefully thought, re-thought and edited what I was saying until I came up with this: And he laughed at me for thinking he was single… idiot!

So why should I tell Peter no? Maybe I don’t like taking orders from people I barely know…

His reply was almost instant;

I really like you, Will you be my girlfriend Sarah?

Well, screw me!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

And there we have it! I was off sick today so i got lots of time to write! haha

Don't know when the next upload will be because i have a weird situation... see I haven't finished chapter 12 because it's sort of an awkward scene but I'm done with 13 and really want to write 14.... im just strange I know!

Please COMMENT and only vote if you liked it :)