Chapter 2 : Prepared

Honestly, I don't understand why there aren't as many Storm Shadow fan fiction as there are Snake-eyes fanfics. I mean I understand that there's the mystery of Snake-eyes but Storm is equally interesting in my personal opinion. Maybe that's why I wrote this story?... Or not...  -Carrath

We walked about five minutes before a windowless black van pulled over in front of us. When the side door sled open I dropped my arms and surprised the people inside by pushing past them and sitting on the tire hump. It took one of them a few seconds to remember the black sack that they were supposed to put over my head.

"Allow me," I insisted, taking it and pulling it past my chin.

The ride was quiet, which was okay with me. If I didn't have to talk yet then why say anything. While I wasn't talking, I was resting. My arms crossed over my knees with my hooded head lying on top of them.

I think I fell asleep because before I knew it I was placed on someone's back, my unhooded head on their white-clothed shoulder, Storm Shadow. As he walked, the swaying of his body as he moved rocked me back into unconsciousness.

When I came to again I was alone, in a uniform militancy guest quarters with only the bed I was lying on, a side table, a lamp and a one-way mirror occupying the larger space. It was cold too. Thankful they hadn't taken my backpack, it sat at the end of the bed looking untouched. The frame of the bed creaked as I threw my legs over the side, the chilled chain of my necklace rubbing against my skin as I moved. I stood there for a moment tightening then relaxing each of my muscles.

"So glad I'm always prepared," I mumbled, yanking off my vest.

I dragged over my backpack and ripped out the black hoodie I kept at the bottom. As the zipper reached the middle, a band of red ninjas came bursting in followed by Storm Shadow. He was wearing a long coat that zipped at the side, fingerless gloves, fitted pants, and sneakers, all white of course. I grinned as I let my hair flow free past my shoulders, forever pin-straight. I bounced across the noisy bed, seizing my backpack in the process. To everyone else but the white-clad ninja falling in step beside me, it looked as if I were staring into space.

"Who taught you that?" he asked, his voice hinted with astonishment.

"The elderly men who lived next to me were Japanese Buddhists who came to America looking for someone to pass their knowledge onto," I replied, bushing. "They choose me because of my ability to live up to my name, tight spiritual connection, and my unparalleled protective nature."

"Maverick," he seemed to test my name, as you would test bath water before taking a long soak. "So, you're a rebel, one of a kind, and the odd one out?"

"All of the above," I shrugged then looked up at his blank face. "But that's not the name I was referring to."

We were quiet for a moment before I asked, "What does Cobra know about me, what about me made me a target?"

"That's your last question," Storm breathed crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"No, it's not," I giggled lightly, shaking my head. "You ask three more than the four you eared before I got to my last, so thanks for the six extra. Answer."

"Later," he insisted, looking down at me intensely. "In the meantime, I suggest staying on his good side. It'll help you survive here, to an extent."

I winced. "Remember my unparalleled protective nature?"

"Yes?" Storm urged then holds up a finger. "I know you get two more. Explain."

"Well," I started, my voice raising a couple of octaves. "I don't think he'll like that I'd kill myself before letting anyone use the people I love to force me into doing the things they what me to do."

Storm's head rotated, his astonished gaze raking me down and back up to meet my eyes. The expression screamed, "Are you for real?" I simply nodded, my face set in unwavering earnestness. That seemed to take the wind out of Storm Shadow sails but he kept moving, caught up in my braze current. We came to a turn and he seemed to recover slightly as we took the corner.

!!!!!!!LOVE THE LOVE! KEEP IT COMING! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! I TAKE PRIVATE MESSAGES TOO!!!!!!!