Electric

Chapter 7 

Clara

I was in the girl's room with Charlie trying to get the mess out of my hair. I was surprisingly calm. Instead of being a sobbing mess like I thought I would have been, I was just pissed with Logan. How could one boy have so much jerk in him.

'I swear down I will kill that boy' Charlie said pulling at my hair trying to get what looks like tomato soup out of it.

I don't think she was concentrating on my hair though because she just kept on tugging on the same strand of hair over and over again and it was really starting to hurt.

'Ch-charlie, CHARLIE' I said trying to get her attention.

'Like seriously, who the hell does he think he is walking over to you like he is God and poring that shit over your head' Charlie said not even listening.

With a sigh I just sat there and listened to her never ending rant about Logan Sharp.

After what seemed like forever Jenny came walking in looking very confused.

'I swear that boy has about fifty different personalities, it's starting to give me whiplash' Jenny said as she got to the other side of my head and tired to get chunks of tomato out of my hair. 'And no offence Clara you look horrible'.

'Gee thanks Jenny, girls love to hear that said to them' I said laughing. 'So what happened when I left?'

'Well Freddie got pissed, and then when everyone was quiet out of nowhere Logan had a go at everyone for being horrible to you, like what the hell is wrong with him, he is the one to cause it all and he is the one trying to stop people. It was really weird'

That was weird.

'Guys please can we stop talking about him, this is exactly what he wants. And to be honest it is really boring' Charlie sighed. 'And we have bigger things to deal with, like your hair Clara. No offence girl but your hair is ruined'.

'You two are full of compliments' I said bursting into a fit of laughter.

'OMG, after school we so need to go into the city and give your hair a makeover' Jenny said jumping up and down with glee.

'I'm not sure about that'

'Oh, come on Clara, isn't there something you have always wanted to do with your hair. Because this is now the time to do it' Charlie said looking at me like she was not going to give up.

There has been something that I have always wanted to do with my hair. And that is dye it electric blue. Yes, I know it's crazy but ever since my dad and brother died I wanted to change. And dying your hair electric blue is a pretty major change.

'Well, I kinda want to dye my hair electric blue' I said looking around nervously. They were going to think I was crazy.

'OMG THAT'S PERFECT' they both said in unison. They then looked at each other and we all burst out laughing.

***

We were stood outside of a hair salon and I had suddenly had gotten really nervous. Was I really about to dye my hair electric blue. Urgh, my mum is going to kill me. But I needed to do this. It's a new country, a new life so this meant a new me.

'I'm so excited. You are going to look amazing' Charlie said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the salon. Jenny could not come because she forgot she had a detention. But we promised that as soon as it was done we would send her a picture of the finished results.

I had been sat in the comfy chair for about three hours now and all I wanted to do was see the finished result. I was not facing the mirror because Charlie wanted the final result to be a surprise.

Charlie was just staring at me.

'Oh no, it looks terrible doesn’t it. I knew this was a bad idea. What am I going to do' I said holding my head in my hands.

'Clara just shut up and look' Charlie said turning me around in the chair.

I slowly looked up and saw my reflection. My hair was bright. That was the only way I could put it. Not trying to be cocky or anything but it looked amazing.

'Fuck Clara you look amazing. All the boys are going to chase you. You look soooo hot'

'You think I don't look stupid do I' I said brushing my hands through it. My hair was still long and went down to my waist and still had the waves in. I. Loved. It.