Why me?

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm clock. Urgh. I hated waking up early. It was not one of my strong capabilities.

I slowly sat up doing a very attractive stretch and made my way over to my window to open my blind. As I looked into Logan's room I saw that he was awake at six in the morning. But not just awake. He was lying on his floor doing push ups. Topless.  And very sweaty.

I quickly looked away and walked to my bathroom for a shower, I could not be attracted to that jerk.

After I had, had my shower I dried my hair so that it would hang by my waist with my waviness not looking like I had just gotten out of bed.

Then came the tough dissension of deciding what to wear. I walked to my wardrobe and opened looking at the clothes. Which I can tell you was hard since I had way too many items of clothing. Shopping was one of my favourite things to do.

I decided to wear a light pink high wasted skater skirt and light brown ankle boots. And on my top half I wore a light blue crop top that floats. So with my high wasted skater skirt I did not look like I was trying to show of my stomach. Then I added a similar pink beanie to my skater skirt. And added my long owl necklace. I looked at myself in the mirror and was very proud of the finished result.

I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs,  stopping in the kitchen to grab my IPod and a piece of toast.

Walking to Dream Bean to meet 'what's her face' I felt slightly sick about my fist day at Rose Meadow High. I had my fingers crossed that Logan did not go to the same school. But knowing my bad luck, I knew he would be.

As I reached my destination I saw a car parked outside of the cafe. I walked up to it and looked through the passenger door window and saw the girl from the counter sitting in the driver’s seat lip singing to Taylor Swift's 'You Belong With Me'.

I knocked on the window and heard the music turn off. I quickly opened the passenger door and got into the car with a massive smile on my face showing her that I was very grateful for the ride.

'Hey girl you okay' She cheerfully said looking straight at me.

'Heya, I'm good thanks. I'm so grateful for this'

'It's fine. Oh my God I just realised that I have no idea what your name is. I'm Charlotte by the way but everyone calls me Charlie. And you are'? She said starting the car and making her way to school.

'I'm Clara'

‘Cute name, don’t think I know a Clara. But I guess I do now' she said giggling.

I can tell that Charlie is one of the most girlish people I know. And I liked her for that. I hoped that we would stay friends and that she would not ditch me as soon as we got to school.

For the rest of the journey to school we talked like we had known each other for years. She was a very easy person to talk to. I learnt that she had one older sister and one younger brother. That she lived in this city all her life and that the only reason she worked at Dream Bean was so that she had enough money to pay for car petrol and still be able to go shopping which she says is something she tries to do every weekend. I knew there was a reason why we were already friends.

As we got closer to school I decided that I should drop in a question and ask her about Logan to see if I could learn why he is so horrible.

  'Erm, I hope you don't mind me asking but I was just wandering about the boy who works at the cafe with you, what’s the deal with him' I asked trying to sound casual. Which I know for a fact did not happen.

'Oh that's Logan, The biggest jerk you will meet. He is praised by everyone that comes into contact with him just because he is hot. The only people I think that don’t like him are my friends'

'Well you can add me to the list of people who don't like him'

'I did, we are friends right' she asked looking at me with a smile on her face. I nodded my head at her. Proud that I had made my first British friend before we had even gotten to school.

Once we got to school Charlie found a place to park her car. I looked around and realised that this is not a small school. Great this means more people I need to impress. And more people to try and get to like me.

I looked over at Charlie and see her looking strangely at me. 'Have I got something on my face' I asked putting my hands on my cheeks.

'No, you look great. I was just wandering why you want to know about Logan' mused Charlie.

'Erm, well, I moved into the house next to his and our erm, bedroom windows kinda face eac-'

'Oh My God are you the creepy stalker girl that likes to stare at him' She screeched interrupting me.

Oh no, please tell me he is not telling people that.

'Wha... WHAT. Did he tell you that' I screeched looking around the outside of the car to see if anyone can see my having a metal brake down. How dare he spread that around? I did not stalk him. It’s not my fault that his room is always in my view!

'Yeah, at work he was telling me about some girl who perves on him when he is getting changed through her bedroom window. I did not believe him of course because he likes to make up stupid ass stories about himself'

Shit, what if he tells other people and I get a reputation in this school of being a pervert.

'Fuck Clara don't cry. He is a dick but not a big enough dick to spread it around school. No one will even know' I did not realise that I was crying. But I think that everything was just too much for me to take in. First my family being torn apart. Moving to a new country and leaving all my friends. And when I thought I could start my life up again, in come Logan to ruin everything. I can't deal with this shit.

'I'm s-sorry, you barley know me and I am sat in your car crying my eyes out. I-It's just that I'm scared that he will tell everyone that I am a pervert and it will just wreck everything' I stuttered.

'Clara look at me. I said look at me' I slowly looked up to see a look of determination on Charlie's face. 'You are my friend, and yes I don't know you but I will soon and if anyone and I mean anyone gives you shit, me and my friends will deal with it. You are not alone' Charlie said proudly.

I realised then that I had made a very good friend in this short car journey.

I quickly checked my makeup in the mirror and fixed myself and got ready to deal with my first day of school and see what it brings me.

'Thanks Charlie.'

And with that we got out of the car and walked towards the main doors of Rose Meadow High. Together.