d e s t r u c t i o n

there you have it folks. this is the second last part of the actual story. there's some more stuff including facts and answers to your questions so don't remove this from your library just yet :)

++

I drove around aimlessly, trying to gather my thoughts. Many questions ran through my mind.

What was I doing? Why was I doing this? What had I become? I had turned into him. A monster. A complete and utter monster.

I became who I feared the most.

I did what I didn't want happening to me yet again. I became the enemy.
I protected myself from the harsh world, not realising harsh was what I had become.

A stone cold heart and an I-don't-give-a-shit attitude that was getting me nowhere.

Why was I doing this? I need to stop doing this.

I banged my hand on the steering wheel with force, tears finally leaking out of my eyes.

I was ruining her.
I was destroying her life.
What did she ever do to me?
She doesn't deserve this, any of this.
I need to be stopped. But, how?

I cried harder, I sobbed, tears clouding my vision and I frantically wiped them away. I sniffled, trying to think of how to stop myself.

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind, a lightbulb moment.

This needs to end.
I need to be stopped.
Who would do it better than me, myself?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I'm so damn sorry, please forgive me, Josephine. Please.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I felt like fate was on my side. A truck seemed to be coming my way, lights flashing.

I heard the whoosh of the air as the truck cut past it, speeding in my direction on the next lane.

A split second decision was all it took.

I swerved.

The world went silent and there was a ringing in my ears.

And then I heard it all.

Metal scraping against the road, glass shattering, bones crunching, the sound of the air bag inflating, the seatbelt tightening against my body.

I heard myself gasp and felt my fingers grasp the seatbelt which was digging into me.

I watched the world go upside down. I rapidly blinked my eyes, trying to make sense of the situation.

I saw the wind shield completely shattered. My legs were bent at an odd angle, my jeans stained in red.

As I looked around, I realised it was just my eyes that were moving. I couldn't feel my body. My hands, my legs, nothing. My head felt heavy and things began to blur out.

I blinked, I tried my best to keep my eyes open.

I think I broke my neck but, what do I know?

Gooey red liquid obscured my vision and every part of my body felt numb.

I closed my eyes and breathed hard.

As my eyes fluttered open so easily and without the feeling of sweat running down my forehead, I frowned.

In front of me was a car, my car.

I watched from a distance as the car laid still, upside down with shards of glass surrounding it and the truck driver unconscious with a gash on his forehead. The truck got minimal damage since it only crashed into a tree but my car on the other hand was an absolute wreck.

At least, he's alive. At least I don't need to add him on the list of people who I messed up.

My body was still inside the car. I didn't know what to do. What now?

It felt like years passed as I stood waiting for something to happen but then I heard it. The sounds, the commotion.

I watched as the red and blue lights flashed in the distance and sirens roared.

I watched as the paramedics inspected my body and then declared me dead.

I watched as they lifted my body onto a gurney and loaded it into an ambulance.

I watched as the world became free of one more asshole.

I smiled as I felt content. I smiled because I knew everything will be okay now.

I realised how everything will now go back to normal.

Josephine's life will now be reversed to being her old self without any bully or bruises.

I can worry about myself later. This was a success.

I smiled. Again.