Chapter 16: The Corner of Fifth and Maine

Author’s Note: Hey guys. I’m here with another update. I’ve been reading through the story a lot lately, and I’m actually really growing to love this story. Not just because it was my first, but I think it’s gotten really good, and I’m proud of what I’ve written, even if most people don’t comment, anyway, thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy.

~Katie’s P.O.V~

Not much had changed since I had my little fall a few days ago. My head and heart are still at war, and I don’t know what to make of these feelings I’m having. I’ve been doing my best to avoid Liam though. I just can’t look at him since…you know what. I don’t even want to think about it.

 I’ve found myself growing closer to the boys, and learning things about them that I’ve grown to love. They’re all my friends, and I’ve actually stopped loathing Harry as much as I use to.

 I’m still having a hard time getting along with him, because he still loves me, but I can’t return the feelings he has. I don’t feel the same way, and I probably never will, but he won’t give up. He continues to tell me how much I mean to him, and he continues to act like there’s nothing wrong. Like I haven’t lost my memories, and like he means just as much to me as I do to him.

 As of right now, Louis and I are in the living room watching ‘Finding Nemo.’ It’s sort of an off day you could say. Niall’s in the kitchen, no doubt eating something, Liam’s sitting across from me in an armchair, and Zayn’s on the other side of me doing something on his phone. As for Harry…I don’t know where he is.

 He left early this morning after getting in an argument with one of the boys. I don’t know who. All I could hear was yelling, and by the time I had managed to actually get out of my room, Harry was gone, and all of the boys were in the living room.

 Louis offered to watch a movie with me, and then the other boys just did as they pleased. They all just assumed that I hadn’t heard anything, and I had the erg to bring it up, but I wasn’t sure if I should. I wasn’t sure how to go about the situation.

 “Hey Lou,” I said, only to have him turn towards me with a small smile on his face. “Where did Harry go?”

 Louis raised an eyebrow as a smirk crept its way onto his face. “Worried about your little love bug, are we?” He asked teasingly.

 I frowned. I didn’t understand why he always had to tease me. I had told him before that I had no feelings for Harry, that I didn’t love him, that I didn’t want to love him, and that there was never going to be anything going on between me and Harry, but yet, he still teases me about something I have no desire in.

 “Lou, I just want to know what happened.” I explained. “He was arguing with someone this morning, and then he stormed out. Now it’s three hours later, and he’s not back.”

 Louis looked at the other boys before he let out a deep sigh. “Look, he was arguing with Liam.” He said, not sounding too happy in telling me the details. “Liam told him that he needed to stop forcing his feelings on you, and Harry got upset, saying that he wasn’t going to hide the fact that he loved you, and it all just went down hill from there….we don’t know where he is.”

 “We just thought we’d let him cool off.” Zayn said, looking up form his phone for the first time. “When he’s ready to come back, he’ll come back.”

 I nodded as if I understood, but I really didn’t. If it was me, I’d be out there looking for him, or constantly calling him until he picked up. I wouldn’t want him out there angry and upset. He should be with people that cared about him, not a bunch of random people, or even alone for that matter.