Chapter 14: A New Home And Almost Kisses

Author’s Note: God, I missed this story. I have no idea why I haven’t update, but now I’m on summer vacation, so I can update more often. I can really feel an end coming on now, but that probably won’t be for a few more chapters, so let’s get to the story then. By the way, I love you guys!

 The day had finally come. I was finally getting out of this hell hole, and I wouldn’t have to see it again until I got the cast off of my leg, which wouldn’t be for six months, but hey, I’m willing to put up with it, if it means I don’t have to come back here anytime soon, but at least the boys are doing a great job of helping.

 Right now, Louis is helping me pack my bags, after a nurse helped me get dressed of course. I don’t trust any of these hormone crazy guys. They could lose it at any moment and jump my ass…by the way that was a joke.

 “Are you happy you’re finally getting out of here?” Louis asked as he handed me my crutches, and helped me stand up, and balance myself before I tried to walk with them.

 I laughed. “Hell to the yes!” I yelled, I was overjoyed, and couldn’t wait to leave. “Just ask Harry, I’ve been telling him this for the past few weeks.” I said, as I took a few steps, or should I say, hops to the door.

 At this Louis brightened up. “So, you and Harry have been getting on well then?” He asked, as he opened the door of the hospital room, I would hopefully never see again.

 I sighed. I knew exactly what he was doing. “Yes and no.” I stated as I hopped out of the room. “He’s alright, but it’s not like I’m falling in love with the guy.” I told Louis sternly, hoping he would get the idea that I probably never was going to feel something like ‘love’ for Harry.

 Louis’ smile fell after I had said this. “Right, cause you’ve got a thing for Liam, am I right?” He asked bitterly.

 I frowned, quickly becoming irritated with all these questions. “Look Louis, I don’t mean to hurt anyone, and I’m sorry, but I don’t feel anything towards Harry, okay?!” I said, slightly raising my voice.

 Just as soon as I had said this Harry appeared in the dull hallway of the hospital, his dimply smile not faltering as he walked over to us, looking as if he was the happiest man alive, just because he had gotten to see me. “There’s my two favorite people!”

 I sighed as I tossed a look at Louis that said. ‘Leave it alone.’ I didn’t want to talk about it anymore, especially with Harry showing up, causing my damn heart to beat faster, and slightly fluttering as he directed his smile to me.

 “Let’s get out of here already.” I said, not directing it to anyone as I hopped down the hallway, and into the lobby of the hospital, where the rest of the boys sat, all waiting in a line for us.

 “Katie!” Niall shouted as he ran over to me, looking like he wanted to embrace me in a heartwarming hug, but realizing he couldn’t he stopped abruptly in front of me, with a huge grin on his face, only making me smile in return.

 “Niall, I’m surprised you’re not eating something.” I said playfully, remembering all the times that he had visited me; he had always had some sort of food with him, which was always great for me, considering the food at this hospital was crap.

 Niall laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck in an embarrassed manner, and the rest of the boys walked over. “Hey Katie, how ya feeling?” Zayn asked, as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, while I balanced on my crutches.

 “I’d feel a lot better if we could just get out of here.” I said, smiling at him cheekily, while Liam stood there with my bags in hand. “And thanks Liam, for getting my things, you’re sweet.” I said, feeling like I needed to say that, and at the same time trying to flirt a little.