Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Several hours later onboard Passenger Transport Sierra 99864, Lieutenant Andrea Forrester sat next to her twin brother Lieutenant Timothy Forrester who had his Computer Access Terminal Screen tuned to ARNN Taronia. The screen showed ARNN Taronia's logo in the lower right corner along with a ticker that showed news headlines.

"Good evening, glad you are joining us here on ARNN Taronia." ARNN Anchor Andrew Talisan said. "Things here on Taronia and other planets in the Taronia Region are slowly getting back to normal after eleven years of conflict. Our correspondents were there to give their perspective on events. 

"Here in Taronia City, the Amdronian Group Alliance Relief Agency has begun work on reparing and rebuilding buildings damaged or destroyed, and Amderestan Military Infantry Assault Units have been ordered to return to their barracks. Taronia City Police officers will return to their law enforcement duties over the weeks and months ahead. 

"According to a statement from Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Command Headqaurters, Commander Lencon is expected to testify at a Senate Hearing concerning the STPLA Conflict."

"Those politicians haven't had to spend the last several years in a damned war zone." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester commented as she watched the ARNN Taronia broadcast on her brother's CATS.

"Damn straight, Miss." A Taronian seated behind Andrea said aloud which made her look behind her.

"Actually it's Lieutenant." Andrea told the Taronian man who shook her hand. She noticed the man had a holo-recorder on the seat next to him. "Judging by that holo-recorder, I'd say you're a news reporter. Am I right?"

"Yes, you are Lieutenant." The Taronian News reporter answered. "I'm covering the Senate Hearings on Crescent for Taronia City News. Well, I'd wager you and your brother right are intel officers."

Andrea declined to answer the reporter's question and sat back in her seat and accessed the Taronia Infomation Service which brought up a home page with links to various sites and a search box in the center of the screen.

"So what did that reporter want, sis?" Lieutenant Timothy Forrester asked in his native Taronian Accent. 

"Just making small talk, bro." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester told her brother. "He is covering the Senate Hearings for Taronia City News."

"Commander Lencon, has he been summoned to testify at the hearings yet?" Timothy asked his twin sister as she pulled up the Taronia City News site and read several articles.

"Haven't heard anything recently." Andrea responded. She proceeded to look around the passenger section of Transport Sierra 99864 at the other passengers. Three rows in front of the on the left side, Andrea noticed a male Taronian in his 30's or 40's seated with a couple of kids who appeared to be around nine or ten years old. Two rows behind them, Andrea noticed a person in his fifties dressed in a suit who had a wireless earpiece in his right ear.

"See that guy with the earpiece, Tim?" Andrea said in a low voice.

"What about him, sis?" Lieutenant Timothy Forrester asked he looked out of his side vision at the brown haired Amderestan man. "He could be just a businessman."

Over on Crescent, Senator Nellis who currently represented the Northwest Amderesta Region District and sat on the Senate Intelligence and Defense Committee met with several other Senators also on those committees.

"Now that the conflict against STPLA-NAF has concluded we should look into the methods taken by Commander Lencon against STPLA forces in the Taronia Region." Senator Nellis told the others.