Found

I stood on the front steps of my house, the setting sun glistened against the marble on my front porch. My name was Desdemona Delecorn, yes, my Father was the mayor of Travyburg, it was a small town in Ireland that many people did not know about, but he still got paid a lot, it didn't matter though, it was like I didn't exist in my family, I got an allowance and that was it, I have a lot of money in my bank account but I don't use it, I'm saving it for when I needed it most. My parents wanted a boy to take over in my father's footsteps, but when I was born, I was handed over to the nanny to look after, 17 years of my life I only saw my parents on rare occasions when they decided to have dinner with me, I didn't mind, I survived without them.

Desdemona, meaning of the devil, my parents' named me a demon basically; I just shortened it to Dessy as soon as I was old enough to think of a shortened version of my name. I'm basically an average height being 1m59cm but I was very skinny, so I didn't look very beautiful. My eyes were a bright and vibrant blue and my hair was a golden blonde that fell to my tailbone, I was rarely able to cut it so I kept it in a tight bun on top of my head. I'm smart, I am the top of my class in every subject, which I guess is why I get bullied, every day, I'm just glad that school is nearly finished and I won't have to go back ever again.

I checked that I had my phone and wallet; I never left it at the house, not trusting that someone would take it. After finding that everything was there, including my asthma puffer in case I had an attack. I walked slowly to the footpath, making sure not to step on the lawn; mother would kill anyone who placed a foot on her precious lush green lawn. I turned to the left, facing the setting sun in the distance, its orange and yellow rays of sunlight lighting up the horizon as it set. I started to run, I never knew where I was going to run, I just let my body take over and I guess my mind just shut down while I ran, I didn't want to think about anything.

Sweat started to drip from my body as I pushed myself to my limits, forgetting everything that had happened that day. The Sileveanorra Forest was directly to my left; its dark shadows seem to be reaching out to me, trying to consume my body, wanting it to come explore the depths of its wilderness. I felt my body start to angle itself towards the forest, jogging into the darkness, and for some reason, I didn't really care. Bushes scraped across my legs and tree branches swiped across my face and arms, leaving bloody scratches all over my body but I carried on. An owl sounded above me, its golden eyes glowing through the darkness as it opened its wings and took to the sky.

I twig cracked from behind me and I swirled around, looking for signs of anyone there, but I couldn't see anything, however, I could feel them watching. I started to run again, dodging fallen logs and trees that I had to swerve around; I could hear something following me, the thud of the feet as they hit the hard forest floor.

The light from the rising moon cast shadows throughout the forest, enough that I could see when I had to swerve or jump around a tree or log. My heart was pounding against my chest and my breathing started to get constricted in my chest, I needed my puffer but I couldn't stop long enough to take it. I didn't see the fallen log in front of me until I had tripped over it, my head connected with the ground and black surrounded me as I felt my body go limp against the hard, cold forest ground.

I woke up, it was cold and dark, the smell was horrifying and I could girls crying from every corner surrounding me. I opened my eyes and saw I was lying on a hard concrete floor and when I lifted my head, I was met by the sight of steel bars, I was in a dungeon? I looked around me, girls of all different ages were inside the cell and other cells along the dark damp corridor. My eyes connected with a little girl at the back of my sell, curled up in a corner crying silently. I crawled my way over to her, strands of my hair fell over my face as I crawled. The little girl couldn't be move than 5 years old, she was so small and young, I couldn't believe this, where was I?