A Taste of Temptation

Gulping loudly Harper stared at the burger Kiev placed on the fold out table in front of her moments ago. In different circumstances she would have dove for the warm tender meat in a heartbeat. Her stomach rumbled at the thought, reminding her she hadn't had anything to eat in hours.

Biting her bottom lip Harper sneaked a peek at Kiev who seemed relaxed leaning back against the leather seat, one arm draped casually over her seat, watching her internal debate. Only minutes after the car pulled away from White Castle did Kiev pull the burger and soda out of nowhere -literally. He placed it before her without a word and sat back with a sly smirk. That same smirk is what caused her hesitation now. What if it was poison?

I don't care if it's oozing out toxins, eat it! A voice shouted in her head. It was the same voice that controlled the sounds her belly was making. She was hungry but was it worth dying over?

Groaning inward Harper turned her gaze back to the burger, the aroma of cheese melting over tender warm meat filled her nostrils. Damn. She thought as her fingers flexed already to grab it. Reluctantly she lifted the still warm burger to her mouth, pausing in mid bite to turn towards Kiev. Slouched lazily next to her he waved for her to continue, his full lips twitching in amusement.

Harper hated the pleasure he took in this, it crossed her mind to shove the burger in his mouth to test her poison theory. Her stomach growled its disagreement, there was no need to waste good food. Besides she was starving and mostly likely going to die because of it. Taking an unladylike bite Harper chewed slowly, searching for an unusual taste but couldn't find it. The longer she chewed the more her defenses crumbled and her taste buds began savoring the burger. Despite telling herself to remain in control of the situation she dove in for another bite and moaned in delight.

"Was that so hard?" Kiev taunted.

With narrowed eyes she turned away from him and swallowed the mouthful without chewing. She winced as the barely chewed meat went down painfully. Regretting the action she reached for the soda as Kiev's chuckles filled the small space.

Ignoring the tingling in her lower abdomen she set him with another glare "Did you expect me to trust you wouldn't try poisoning me?" she asked with a raised brow.

His broad shoulders rolled in a lazy shrug before he replied "Maybe, but don't you think if I wanted to hurt you I would have by now?"

  Dropping his arm from behind her he leaned forward, one hand on his knee, the other resting on the small of her back. Despite telling herself not to react she stiffened at his touch. A small smile stretched his lips indicating he noticed her reaction to the simple contact. Gliding his hand down her back he slid it across her hips and over the top of her jean cladded thigh.

"If I wanted to harm you I've had better opportunities than handing you a piece of meat." he sneered. The warmth from his palm seeped through her jeans as he slowly slid it up toward her center. She gulped nervously and met his gaze only to have wished she hadn't. The dark orbs held no indication of danger but drowned with lust so dark and alluring Harper knew she would be sucked in to their depths.

  Leaning his face closer to her he continued in a hushed whisper "I've been closer to you before. Inside you, over you..."

Her throat felt dry, her lower belly clenching at his words as his hand cupped her womanhood. With her eyes still locked with his Harper felt the familiar daze that came with Kiev's presences settle over her. The burger in her hands forgotten as a new hunger clawed at her from the inside. Her lips parted as his grip on her tightened, his thumb pressing down hard on her pearl.