chapter 16

The next morning, Kate woke up first. A smile spread across her face when she saw Brian lying beside her. The sheets were wrapped tightly around his waist and his arm was over his face. Kate slowly ran her finger across Brian’s chest and she watched the goose bumps rise up on his skin. She lifted herself up and straddled his hips again and started kissing his chest.

Brian growled slightly, but Kate could tell he was still asleep. Well, most of him was. Kate smirked and slowly took his hand and moved it off of his face. Brian’s eyes fluttered open and connected with hers. He smiled and pulled her in for a kiss.

“Good morning to you too, baby.” He said in a sleepy, yet sexy voice. Kate giggled and laid on top of him.

“Val was right.” She said dreamily. Brian raised his eyebrow and kissed the top of her head.

“About what exactly?” He asked. Kate blushed and sat up.

Brian couldn’t help but stare at her breasts as she spoke.

“That the ‘catching up’ is the best part of you coming home.” She said sheepishly.

It took Brian a minute, partly because didn’t have much blood in his brain, but when he got it he laughed.

“She said that huh? Well I’m glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.” He said with a chuckle.

Kate laughed too and kissed him before getting out of bed. Brian pouted.

“Aw, you didn’t have to get up.” He said. Kate rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom.

“Yes I did. We need to get moving.” She said. Brian sighed dramatically and followed Kate into the bathroom.

“Fine, but only if we can shower together.” He said with an evil smile.

Kate smiled back and started the water in the shower.

“Sounds good to me.” She said. Brian pulled her in for a kiss and then into the shower.

About an hour later, they were both clean and very satisfied. Kate was sipping some coffee while she waited for Brian. He was talking on the phone when he came out.

“Yeah, from what I know Val and the baby are alright. Kate and I are heading up there now.” He said. Kate finished her coffee and braided her hair absentmindedly.

Brian’s faced was twisted with frustration and he tugged on his hair.

“Okay Zacky, I’ll pass on the message. Later.” When he hung up, he sighed and looked at Kate.

“That was Zacky. He worked it out with our managers so we can stay one day but then we have to get back out there.” He said.

Kate sighed and walked over to him and kissed him softly.

“At least we have today” She said. Brian nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I guess so.” Brian said. His voice was less than happy. Kate pouted and he kissed her again.

“Come on, let’s go check on Val.” He said. Kate nodded and they left.

Kate dragged Brian into the little store in the hospital and bought a stuffed animal and a balloon. When they got to Val’s room, Kate peeked her head in the door.

“Val?” She said softly.

Val grinned and waved them in.

“Come here!” She shouted. Kate smiled and handed her the stuffed bear.

“Baby!” Kate said back as she hugged her tight.

“Val I’m so sorry I wasn’t with you.” Kate said. Val shook her head.