Chapter 1o

ZACKY

I watched Johnny take some ice from the freezer and sit down on the couch. He tilted his head back and rested the ice on his cheek.

“Dude, what happened?” I asked him as I sat beside him.

“I told you, a misunderstanding.” He said flatly.

I didn’t buy it. Brian didn’t just punch people for no reason. Something had to egg him on.

“Johnny come off it. What really happened?” I asked him.

Matt and Mike had joined the conversation and we all watched Johnny. He sighed and sat up.

“He and Kate had a fight. She thinks that he’s messing around with Aubrey.” He said.

I was confused. How did Kate even know Aubrey? I looked over at Matt, who had a look of revelation on his face. I thought for a second and then it hit me.

“Holy shit! You told Kate he was?!” I shouted. Matt punched my arm and I covered my mouth.

Johnny shook his head.

“No, I never said that. I just told her that they were pretty friendly with each other.” He said calmly.

“So why did Brian punch you then?” Matt asked. Johnny shrugged.

“I don’t know. He must be hiding something.” He said. I shook my head.

“No way. Do you really think Brian would cheat on Kate? He loves her to death and he knows she loves him.” I said. Johnny shook his head.

“I don’t know Zacky. But why hasn’t he called her? Why hasn’t he texted her? And where the hell is his phone?” Johnny said.

I shook my head. I had no idea. I had been asking myself these same questions since we started tour. All he does is smoke, drink and hang out with Aubrey. Come to think of it, they have been acting really strange lately. She’s been clinging to him and he’s been distant. Maybe…no, not Brian. He wouldn’t do that. Would he?

Before I could answer myself, the door opened and Aubrey stepped in. We were sitting at a rest stop for the night and Aubrey supposedly went out for the evening. Where she went, I didn’t know. And I didn’t really care to.

“What happened to you?” She said to Johnny with a smirk on her face.

Johnny rolled his eyes and Matt sat back in the couch. I sighed loudly.

“I thought you were going out or something?” I asked her.

Aubrey shot me a glare and flipped her hair.

“Well I was, but it’s no fun on your own. I really wanted Synyster to go with me but since he wouldn’t I decided to stay on my bus.” She said.

Johnny mumbled something under his breath and Matt chuckled.

“I heard Synyster and his uh girlfriend got into a fight.” She said.

Johnny clenched his fists and closed his eyes.

“I don’t really think that’s any of your business Aubrey.” Matt said.

Aubrey scoffed and sat down next to me.

“Why isn’t it? Synyster and I are friends.” She said. I shook my head.

“Yeah, you’re friends alright.” I said sarcastically.

She smirked and stood up.

“That’s right, we are. In fact, I think I’m going to check on him.” She said as she walked back to the bunks.

“God, I just don’t get her! She knows that Brian is involved with Kate yet she still tries to hook up with him.” I said as I pulled my hair.

Matt shook his head.

“She’s nothing but a groupie with a makeup bag.” Matt said.

I chuckled and picked up my phone and sent a quick text to Kate, asking if she was alright.

“Hey Johnny, why did you decide to tell Kate about Aubrey?” I asked him.

Johnny sighed and shrugged.

“I guess I just didn’t want her to be blind sighted if something happened.” He said softly.

I smiled a little and Matt patted him on the shoulder.

“I hope nothing did happen.” I said after a while.

Everyone nodded in agreement, and then we all got lost in our thoughts. About fifteen minutes later, there was a loud thump and the sound of breaking glass coming from the bunks. Matt and I shot up and Johnny grabbed our arms. A few seconds later, Aubrey came storming out of the bunks. She was fuming. Her hair was messed up and her makeup was smudged and she was carrying her shoes.

“And don’t ever fucking come on this bus again!” Brian shouted from the doorway.

Matt, Johnny, Mike and my eyes just about popped out of our heads. Aubrey turned around and glared at him. I let out a laugh and her eyes snapped to me.

“Fuck you Zacky.” She said.

That just made me laugh harder. Aubrey pulled her arm back to swing, but Matt caught it.

“I don’t think so. You heard Brian, get the hell off of this bus now.” He said darkly.

Aubrey pulled her arm free then marched off of the bus, bare foot. Brian shook his head and came out into the room. I looked down at his hand and gasped. It was pouring blood.

“Shit Brian, what the hell happened?” I asked. He raised his eyebrow and looked down.

His palm, clear down to his wrist was slit and blood was just running out of it.

“Shit.” He said.

I watched his face start to lose color and he started wavering from side to side. Matt went over to him and helped him to the couch.

“Damn he’s cut deep. Get a rag or something!” He shouted. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel and threw it to Matt.

He wrapped it tightly around Brian’s hand.

“We need to get him to the ER.” Matt said. Johnny nodded and went to the driver and explained what was going on.

In no time we were flying down the highway to the emergency room. Brian was really pale by the time we got there and the once white towel was now a deep red. The bus pulled up right to the curb and we all rushed out of it.

“Can someone help us, please?” Matt shouted.

A nurse came rushing over. When she saw Brian, who was struggling to stay standing, she stopped in her tracts.

“I need a bed now!” She shouted.

Within seconds a team of nurses and a doctor came rushing out with a bed.

“Okay, carefully ease him onto it.” The doctor said.

Brian slowly climbed on it and the rushed him away. Matt went with them and Johnny and I waited in the lobby.

“Should we call Kate?” I asked him.

We looked at the clock, it was now well after four am. Kate was probably sleeping now. Johnny shook his head.

“Maybe we should wait until we know something so we don’t worry her.” Johnny said.

I nodded and we sunk down into chairs.

“Hey Zacky, you don’t think Brian did that to himself do you?” Johnny asked me.

I took a breath and let it out slowly. I shook my head and bent forward in the chair.

“I don’t know Johnny.” I said.

Johnny sighed and leaned back with his head against the wall and I pushed myself up.

“I’m going to smoke, come find me if you hear anything.” I told him.

Johnny nodded and I went outside to try and clear my head with the nicotine in my lungs.