Chapter 8

Chapter 8

We walked into the barn.

“Ok Joe it took me a while but I heard you loud and clear.” I told him.

“So which part of your land can I buy? I know she would never leave you. Plus now that she’s out of commission you need the help and since I’m not bull riding anymore I need a job.” I tell him.

Joe smirks at me “got it all thought out there boy.”

I smiled “yup, figure I’ll start building us a house and you can start hunting for a woman of your own.”

His eyes opened wide “oh you found one already good then you wont be alone at your house when I marry your last daughter.”

He blushed all shades of red.

“Well um let me show you where Her favorite spot is, she’ll love it there.”

I followed Joe to where the we went swimming last time.

“See that tree there she loves to sit there when she’s happy, sad you get my drift. You can build the house back there and build a white picket fence to keep the little tikes away from the water.”

I could picture our children running around this glorious area. Yes this is the perfect spot.

“How much Joe?” I asked him.

“Well seeing as how it’s a matter of time before you join the family. Half of my stuff will belong to her when I die and I know Chance doesn’t care for bull riding. What says you to a partnership?”

I looked at him and tried to fight the tears welling in my eyes. I gulped and shook his hand.

“ I knew you were a good kid. Just lost your sense of direction for a while there, glad to see you finally found it again.”

“If it’s ok with you I’d like to sit here for a while and plan out the house.”

He smirked at me “Plan away boy she’s due in 3 months so I suggest you get a move on.”

I sat by the Weeping Willow thinking about my life and about what the house should look like. I really don’t want to plan it alone since it will be her house also. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

I hears some noise and just figured it was Joe coming back.

“Joe do you think I should build 5 bedrooms. I want to have at least one more baby 3 sounds like a good number. I have to clear that with Mary Joe though. Yeah 5 rooms sounds good.” I sigh.

“A master bedroom for us then a room for each of the twins. The fourth room will be for our future baby. The fifth room will be the play room. It will have all the girly stuff on one side and all the boy stuff on the other side.” I smile looking at the beautiful scenery.

“I don’t know Joe, I have a lot of ideas for our house and this is the best spot for it. I just want her to help me plan our home. I wish she could forgive me. I wish she understood that all my life I felt second best to Chance that’s why I was so determined to prove myself to her.”

“It killed me to leave her that morning. My whole body and soul screamed at me to stay and just hold her and never let her go,” I sighed.

“But my mind told me I was a loser, I had nothing to give her but love. Now I truly have nothing and this stupid belt buckle taunts me every time I but it on.” I stood up and took my belt off and pulled the buckle of the strap at threw it in the water.