Chapter 11

Ahhhhh man last chapter next one will be an epilogue… so sad to see another series end.

Unedited.

Chapter 11

The nurse moved Mary Joe to a private room and everyone came in to see our little bundles of joy.

“Ah there is Luke the third” said my father.

I turn to Mary Joe and we both laugh. “How do you like that Mary Joe and I have been calling him Junior and I’m Junior.” We all laughed now.

“Can I hold the little princes” Leah cam to take her from Mary Joe. They are just so tiny. Preemies said the doctor but all healthy and fully formed.

Thank God they did not have to go in the incubator I don’t think I could take watching them in there. Life seems to be finally falling into place for me. I feel very honored that in a matter of 2 days I have become a husband and a father.

Joe comes and smacks me in the back. “You know what I was just thinking?” He asked as he scratched his chin.

“What was the mighty Joe thinking ?” I smirk at him.

“That I hope the Lord sees fit to let me live many years more so I can see when those no good men start sniffing around your daughter.”

I felt my blood boil “I’ll kill any one of them who tries to touch my daughter.” I tell him.

“Yeah that’s what I thought.” He says turning to look at Mary Joe. “You remember that and be good to my little girl.”

“Damn Joe you get me all the time with those underhanded warnings.”

“Hey it’s my job as a father to look out for my girls. Just like it’s your job to look out for your little babies and my little baby.”

I smile and give him a man hug then turn to find Chance cooing at baby Luke. “I’m your uncle Chance, yes I am look at these little fingers and these little toes.” I hold back a laugh, these kids are going to be so spoiled.

We went home 2 days later and Mary Joe was so happy to get out of the hospital. So was I, damn I hate hospital food. We got the babies situated in their rooms. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to believing that I made those two precious babies. Well I guess Mary Joe helped a little.

I walk out of our Little girl’s room and go into Luke’s room and see Mary Joe rocking in the chair breast feeding our son. My heart swells with so much love and I feel my eyes mist. When she starts to sing to him.

Close your eyes,

Have no fear,

The monster’s gone,

he’s on the run,

And your mommy’s here,

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful

Beautiful Boy.

I have to walk away because I felt the tears coming. I went to our room instead getting things ready for her. I know it’s like what 40 days before we can be together. But I still want her to be comfortable and take a nap.

I then go down stairs to make her a sandwich. The doctor said she had to keep her self feed good so she would produce enough milk for both of our kids.

When she comes in she looks so tired. I help her to the chair, she only eats half of what I made her but that’s ok. I go with her back to our room and we take a nap. Making sure the monitor and the camera in the kids rooms are on.