Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Oh my God, oh my God I can’t believe it I’m going to have a baby. Correction I can’t believe I’m having Luke’s baby.

“Oh my God what is dad going to think of me?”

“Um he was the one that told us you were with child and that we should get you the doctors appointment.” Leah tells me.

“I told my mom today and she is all happy so is my dad.” Chance tells me looking all guilty.

“What the hell why didn’t anyone tell me?” I glare at them.

“Calm down Mary Joe. What if dad was wrong. We just needed to make sure.”

I breath in deeply “OK I guess your right.”

“Um I just have one question.” Chance says looking at me. I swear if he asks me if this is Luke’s baby. I’ll kill him.

“Are you happy about this?”

I don’t even have to think about it seeing all the Babies when we went to visit Judy. Had me hurting for one of my own. Granted I wanted to also have Luke as my husband. But at least now I’m not alone and I will always have a piece of him with me.

“Yes I’m happy” I say.

“Thank God now I can finally show how happy I am. Damn I’m gona be an uncle. I hope it’s a boy so we can teach him how to bull ride.” He looks so happy.

I put my hand on his forearm. “You have to promise me you will not call Luke. Do you hear me Chance.”

“Yeah your dad already had that conversation with me.”

Oh I love my father so much. I hope he is not too disappointed in me.

We drove home and I was making myself sick with worry. When we got there Mark was waiting and I ran into my dad’s arms and started to cry.

“I’m so sorry I disappointed you daddy. I know you expected better from me.”

“Mary Joe I could never be disappointed in you. You are and will always be my little girl. I am actually looking forward to having a little boy I can teach bull riding to.”

I wipe my tears off as I laugh “Chance said the same thing.”

“What the hell is going on?” Poor Mark looked lost and very cute with that pout.

“I’m going to have a baby Mark.” He looked at me unsure.

I smile “I’m happy about it.”

He then gets a big grin “I’m going to be an uncle.”

We all laugh.

We had dinner together that night and Chance’s parents came too.

“Oh honey we are so happy about the baby.” His mom says.

“It’s going to be a strapping big boy.” said their dad.

‘What if it’s a girl?” I asked.

He shrugs “We will still love and spoil her.”

Later that night I was in my room all alone thinking about the baby. How it’s not going to have a father but it will definitely have a strong family support system.

I wonder what Luke is doing and If he thinks about me.

*******************************

Luke’s POV