Chapter 1

*Blaine's P.O.V.*
The sun was shining pleasantly on my small garden of flowers. Two small boys watched me silently and I smiled softly at them. "Want to help me water them?" They nodded in excitement as I handed them small watering cans. I watched as they carefully gave each plant water and laughed as they flung water at each other.

"Hey guys save some for the plants!" I laughed and ruffled their hair. They continued to water the plant and at the end of the flower bed the boys decided to fling the rest of the water at me before running away laughing. "Hey!" I laughed and ran after them. I chased after them for a while until I ran out of breath. "Time for lunch!" Helena the head of the house yelled loudly. "Oh blake you're all sweaty. Go get yourself cleaned up. You look disgusting." She snorted in disapproval. I sighed and nodded "yes ma'am." It's blaine by the way, I thought silently. Its been three years now you'd think my boss would remember my name by now? Guess not.

I walked inside and went straight to the bathroom. My hair was wet and tangled and I had spots of dirt on my face. Well dang now I need a shower. I smiled and walked out of the bathroom and upstairs to my small bedroom. Children were running out of their room and gave me small greetings and smiles. I knew each and every kids name and birthday. All of the awards they win at school and their hopes and dreams. They might as well be my children but unfortunately I just work here and can't adopt all of them.

I sighed softly and continued the walk to my room. Nate ran by me and gagged. "Ms. Blaine I'm sorry but you stink." I smiled and pinched his nose, "I know booger. Now go play." He laughed and ran downstairs. "No running on the stairs nate!" I yelled and walked into my room and closed the door. "Shower time."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I rubbed my head with the towel and wrapped it around my head. Sweats and a t-shirt hung loosely around my body. "Blake! We need milk! And eggs! And also bread!" Helena screamed loudly at me. I opened my door and peeked my head out, "OK! I yelled back. "Don't yell at me! Go get the grocery's!"

I closed the door and quickly grabbed socks and shoes. After lacing up my hightops I ran downstairs and helena handed me a wad of cash. "Milk, eggs, and bread blake." I nodded and said softly, "It's blaine."

"Ok blake."

I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed my car keys walking outside. "Bring back cookies." Nate said waving at me. "I'll think about it." I said before getting into the small honda. I started up the car and drive away silently. As I drove to the grocery store three police cars zoomed past me and cut me off.

"Bloody hell!" I screamed and swerved into another lane, holding my hand over my chest. I was on the freeway and traffic had slowed down dramatically. The car in front of me stopped abruptly and I slammed my foot on the brakes. "What in the world is going on?" I wondered out loud. I stepped out of my car and got out along with other people. We all looked at each other and shrugged unsure of what was going on. All of a sudden a gust if air blew in front of my face.

"Get inside your cars! All of you!" A man in a red spandex suit yelled to us. The Flash. I nodded and quickly got back inside my car, along with other citizens. He ran away and I looked ahead of me and saw a man on a blue parka. He had a gun like object in his hands shooting ice all around him.

Captain Cold.

Great... All I needed was a couple of grocerys. Is that so much to ask for? I sighed and groaned watching the scene unfold. Capain cold froze police officers and cars all around him. Unfortunately be had frozen The Flash to the floor and took out a real gun. Without thinking I stepped out of my car and ran towards the two.

"Stop! You don't have to do this!" They both looked at me and my eyes widened in realization at what I had just done. "Get out of here. Run!" The flash yelled at me waving his one free hand at me. I shook my head and turned my head back to captain cold. "You don't have to kill him. I know you don't want to I can see it in your eyes... Please." I pleaded and held my hand out.

He rolled his eyes and put the gun back in his pocket. "See you later flash." He walked away slowly and I walked towards the flash. "I have a crowbar in my trunk. I'll be back." I ran quickly to my car and grabbed to crowbar. He wiggled in protest, "I don't think this is a good idea." I swung quickly and broke a huge chunk off. The next time I aimed for the huge chunk on his legs and he was able to break free. "Thanks but please don't put yourself in danger like that again. Ok?" I nodded but silently felt this wouldn't be the last time.

He ran off and I went back inside my car. I really felt I would be seeing both hero and villain again. Let's just hope I stay alive.