Chapter 9

KJ POV

"Uhhh," I said scratching the back of my neck."I wasnt....well I was, but we do this to all our workers to make sure you fit for the job."

"Yeahh, I see." Carmesha said laughing. "Look, I'm get back to working you keep watching if you want."

As, she crossed the street going back to her spot.

"Let's go." I told RD, as he sighed and started the car.

"Finally," He mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Finally! Bitch I'm not scared of you." He said pulling into another trap.

"Alright Ronald," I said saying his madden name under my breath.

"Alright bitch,"

We walked into the trap greating people on the way in.

"Boss, we got 'em." One of my workers said as I walked to the back room.

"Aight, cool."

I seen Carter and Carmesha's mom sat in front of me.

"Why, you brung a baby here?" RD said to her as she shrugged.

"Are we here to discuss babysitting or business?" She snapped as Carter played in her hair.

"What business you want to discuss?" I asked her sitting down as RD follwed suit.

"I want Carmesha set up....I'm paying 300k if you want money."

*

*

*

Carmesha POV

I was finished with sales today as I put the money in my duffle bag and put everything in my locker everyone has. Tomorrow I should have my half when I look in my locker.

I got in my car and jammed to Shy Glizzy First 48. I twerked a 'lil in my seat as I made it home.

I walked into my house to see no Carter and my mother. I guessed she took my child and that they went somewhere. I locked the door and walked into my room.

Laid on my bed and looked up at the ceiling thinking about life.

I came far, but I'm gonna go further.

I heard the door open and close as I jumped and walked out of my room to see Carter as he ran to me with a baby toothed smiled.

"Heyyyy." I cooed picking him up as my mother smiled.

"Hey Carmesha....I took him to the park and he ran around until the sun started to burn my skin." My mother said, as we shared a laugh.

"Awe, okay well I'm glad you kept his clothes clean," I said looking at his outfit which looked as if he never was outside. "Usually when mama takes you out you get yo clothes dirty."

"Me no get no clothes dirty, mama." He said as I tickled his belly.

"Well-um he didn't really do nothing at the part but swing." She said as I looked at her skeptically, Carter doesn't even like swings. "Well, I'm gonna go."

"Alright, be safe." I said, walking her out the door as I closed it behind her.

I turned around walking to my room.

"Carter," I asked laying him on my bed as I turned on my TV to the sprout channel.

"Huhh,"

"Did yall go to the park?"

"We no park mama." He said looking at the TV.

"Well, what did yall do then?" I asked him as he just starred at the TV not paying me any attention.

"Carter," I said tapping him.

"Ahh!" He screamed looking at me. As, I rolled my eyes. "Huhh?"

"That don't work. Where did you and grandma go?"

"KJ." He said looking at the TV as I scrunched up my face and called KJ.

*

*

*

"Its lil' Kodak the finesse kid boy who hot as me told the doctor I'ma healthy kid I smoke broccoli." I heard my ringtone which was my nigga Kodak Black No Flocking.

"Wassuh?"

"Nothing much. But aye, tell me something."

"Aight cool," I answered wondering what she was about to say.

"Did my mom come over with Carter?" Carmesha asked, as I shook my head.

"Who told you that?"

"Carter, my mom was acting weird and she claimed he took Carter to the park and let him on the swings. The thing was Carter always gets dirty and he doesn't like the swings." She explained.

"Damn, that's crazy."

"I know then I asked Carter and he said that they didn't go to a park and I believe him. Then he said he seen you." She kept talking. "So did my mother visit you?"

I was wondering if I was going to tell Carmesha the truth or not. As, I decided what to do.

"Nahhh, they ain't come see me. But, I hope you find out what she hiding."

_______________

Hey babes, I missed ya, I love ya and I can't wait to update moreeee. The fact that prom is April 8th doe. So, I'm trying but sometimes I'm not in the mood to update so bare wit ya girl.

~Call_meh_tayy 😇💞