Chapter 3

I picked up Carter and brought him to the doctor as KJ and Kendrick argued the whole way, well they basically kept threating each other. We were currently sitting in the doctors office. Carter was woke but he just looked sick.

"Mane if my son wasn't here I would beat yo ass." Kendrick said.

"Mane shut the fuck up yall." I semi yelled as KJ threw one slick shot at Kendrick and I looked back at him daring him to say something. The doctor walked in she looked as if she was pregnant, but you aint really know.

"Good afternoon...so what's been going on?" She asked us.

"Well he looked sick, then he was throwing up. So I brought him here....cause he's never really sick." I say as she nodded.

"He ate anything and didn't respond to it?" She asked.

"Well I gave him some baby peas and carrots and he aint really like it." I shrugged she nodded once again for the millionth time and turned her attention to Carter.

"Hey Carter are you okay? Do you feel sick?" She asked.

"I'm okayy." He said as he jumped down stumbled and fell. Kendrick helped him back up.

"Well he seems fine just get some pepto bismo or soup something to help settle the stomach." The doctor said as I sighed. I got up and walked out with them trailing me.

We got back in my car and Carter threw up again.

"See if yo ass said you wasn't fine you could've got some free medicine." I said shaking my head.

"Quit fussin' at him mane." Kendrick said as I just sighed trying to not argue with him. We head back to my apartment. I called into the strip club. Damien understood the situation, Kendrick let me have Carter until tomorrow which Saturday the day he was supposed to get him. They left including KJ cause he was called into work.

I was grabbing Carter out the car seat and the bitch who I didn't want to see was right there. It was a white lady who always argued with people she think was a target. Like, if you were with our child or by yourself she would pick on you and I was not in the mood.

"Excuse me, but when you left you littered by droppin' baby food in the parking lot." She said sarcastically.

"Okay...bye." I said. As she huffed and put her hands on her hips.

"Bitch. You. Are. Supposed. To. Pick. It. Up." She said spacing every word out.  I was getting heated by the moment. I walked upstairs to my apartment as she followed me saying threats and shit. "I will beat your littering ass and call the cops!"

"Look bitch, if I didn't have my damn son in my hand I would beat your ass." I said as I tried to slam the door and she put her foot in the damn way....so I wouldn't slam the damn door.

Carter was just looking around.

"Bitch slam the door on my foot and I will call the cops. Your bitch ass son will be an orphan." She put my son in this which wasn't cool.

"Look hoe, you are going straight t hell taking about an innocent baby. He did nothing wrong!" I said on the verve of crying. My neighbor Chris came outside, once he came out she ran into her house.

"Come on, we will go inside my house." He said to me as I nodded. I locked back up my house and walked back downstairs cause thats where he lived. I called Kendrick and he was on his way back. I was just waiting and trying to chill til' he got here.

Kendrick came and knocked on Chris's door.

"Where does this hoe live?" He asked me as I pointed to right across the hall. He walked over there and knocked on her door.

She opened it an he immediately started going off.

"Bitch I will motherfukin' kill yo ass ova' family ya hea' me mane. Don't fuck wit' my babymoms or anyone else.....mane come on Mesha." He as she shut her door, he grabbed my hand as I followed him into my apartment.

_____________
_____________

"Mama! Daddy! Cant see me?" He said cause he only had limited words in his vocabulary.

"Where is ManMan?" Kendrick asked as Carter giggled as we continued to search for him knowing damn well he was sitting on the couch.

"Awww were is mama's baby?" I said. As he jumped down.

"Mama! I right hea' see?" He said with his arms wide. I hugged him, man if he wasn't my world ion know who is?

"Give mama a kiss." I said as he pecked his lips and gave me a wet kiss, I didn't care cause it was my child.

"Aye....I'm gonna crash here today, ima sleep on the couch." He said as I nodded.

I remembered I had to clean the baby puke out my car, Carter wasn't throwing up anymore. So I guess he just had to get it out of his system.

"So how you feeling 'bout the whole neighbor situation?"

Well it hurts when she called Carter out of his name cause Carter is only a baby. I dealt with people talking down on me and Carter for almost 3 damn years. Even my own flesh and blood mama told me I wasn't shit and never gon' be shit so....to answer your question. It hurts." I said wiping my tears as and he got up and hugged me.

"Aye you still aint answer my question tho'?" He spoke looking at me.

'What is it?"

"Where you work?"

*********************

Sorry 4 the wait yall I couldn't find my laptop so I had to settle for my phone ugh. Anyway updated for yall