Chapter 7

Carmesha POV

2weeks after Christmas, new years eve Later

I put so much cocoa butter on to where my skin somewhat cleared up but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it talm bout I'm free of marks.

I was laying in bed with Carter on top of me. As I played pattycake with him. He got the game....somewhat.

"Pattycake, pattycake Baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can pat it, roll it, mark it with a 'C' put in the oven for Carter and me!" I said tickling him making him laugh as I heard a knock on the door.

I picked Carter up and went to answer the door. I opened it and looked at my mother.

"Oh, hey." I said lowly. It's been 2 and a half years since I seen her.

"Hey....Carmesha." She said as she then looked down at Carter and if my mind wasn't playing tricks on me then she really did smile at him. "He's two now....right?"

"Yeah, thats right." I said side eyeing her wondering why she was still here.

"So, can I come in I came to talk to you?"

"Sure." I said moving to the side. "You can sit on the couch, would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you." She said as I sat across from her putting Carter in my lap. As he started to clap his hands enjoying himself. "Can I hold him?"

"Look, I'm tired of the bullshit. You kicked me out knowing I was pregnant with him. What if Carter died?! Huhh tell me that?! Then you walk in here two years later! Two muthafuckin' years thinking shit all fine and dandy!" I yelled at her because all that shit she did hurt. My feelings started to take control as I started crying.

Carter turned around seeing me cry. As I started to shake my leg, Carter started to wipe my tears and lay on my chest. My mother looked at us with sympathy.

"I love you Carmesha. I'm sorry it was a mistake. I get that I FUCKED UP OKAY?!" She said with a couple tears of her own. "But I have always loved you and tried to contact you."

"Yeah....tried." I mumbled.

"Dammit Mesha let me start over....please?"

"I need more time mama. I can't just jump the gun not thinking." I said as she nodded.

"Okay, I understand I love you Carmesha."

"I love you too mama."

"Come here and give me a hug." She said smiling.

I got up setting Carter on his feet as we hugged, Carter hugged her too cause if he see someone hugging he has to do the same. She reached down and hugged him too.

"So, what's his name?" My mama asked.

"Tell her your name." I demanded.

"Carwer." He said sticking two fingers in his mouth.

"He said Carter." I told her as she nodded.

Kendrick walked through the door singing with food he didn't even notice us. He stopped once he seen us.

"Wassuh Mesha." He said greeting me. "Hey uhhh Ms. Jane right."

"Yes, thats right. I'm glad you stayed in Carter's life."

"Of course, that's my man." He said giving Carter his happy meal, my mama sat him down.

Carter opened his chicken nuggets, putting barbeque sauce in my face asking me to open his barbeque sauce. I opened it pouring the sauce over his nuggets cause I didn't trust him dipping it.

"Well, I best go. I love you Carmesha and thank you for this second chance."

"Okay mama. I love you."

"Love you too." She said on our way out the door.

"We'll talk later." I said to a confused Kendrick.

I looked down at Carter again who grabbed his Spider Man action figure that I paid $140 dollars for that was almost taller that him, as he fought the action figure.

I laughed a little as he was in his own little world. He better not wreck that shit either. Paid too much money.

My son was gonna grow up to be something....something real good.

*

*

*

Filler Chapter.

Happy New Years

Merry Late Christmas