Friends with benefits (Part 2)

Kimberley's POV

Circumstances may have changed but our 'deal' hasn't.

To the public things look different but to us it's exactly the same.

I've got married and Cheryl got divorced but our relationship hasn't changed.

When Cheryl and Jean were going through a divorce I sat there for countless nights comforting her, just like I did when she was divorcing Ashley.

It gave us an excuse to be together.

Don't get me wrong, she was upset, anyone would be if they were getting a divorce but it was nice spending time with each other.

Nicola would come round from time to time when she wasn't busy and it was nice all of us hanging out together.

As much as I wanted to spend time with only Cheryl, Nicola would lift both of our spirits.

Nicola doesn't know about us so we had to act like we were just friends, we were fine with that because we both knew at the end of the day when Nicola would go home and I would stay with Cheryl because she didn't want to be on her own, we could be together then.

Justin was fine with me spending so much time with Cheryl because she was upset. He's known her for so many years and he actually cares about her as a friend.

I do feel bad when I think of how much Justin cares for Cheryl, he wants me to spend time with Cheryl to make sure she's ok, if only he knew how I cheered her up.

Don't get me wrong, the thing between me and Cheryl isn't just sex, we're like a normal couple, talking about everything, sharing small kisses, cuddling up to watch movies and yes we do have sex, but doesn't everyone in relationships?

Although we've never actually put a name to it I would call it a complicated relationship, it's a secret that nobody can know about. If people knew then our lives would change way too much and not for the best.

We do love each other but its too complicated to be together properly.

Over the last few months we lost touch a bit, we were texting nearly all the time but it was hard to find time to see each other.

I had was rehearsing for a production, had my husband Justin and my beautiful son Bobby, while Cheryl was making new music and had a new relationship.

Cheryl is sat on the floor playing with Bobby, I'm not exactly sure what they are doing with his collection of stuffed animals and action figures but Bobby can't wipe the smile off his face.

"So where does this little dinosaur go then?"

"There!" Bobby talks to Cheryl like its obvious where all of his toys are supposed to go and Cheryl plays along.

She's so good with Bobby, it's one of the things I love about her.

"Of course silly me."

He laughs along with her and I sit back on the sofa watching the interaction between my son and Cheryl.

Bobby has been awake since 6 and bouncing around since the second he woke up, I'm surprised he's not got tired yet.

Cheryl being here gave me a break to sit down and relax.

Cheryl catches me watching her and Bobby playing and throws a cheeky wink my way before giving her attention back to Bobby.

When Cheryl was going through her divorce Bobby would see Cheryl almost as much as I would and I know I'm not the only one that's missed her.