My type of girl

Kimberley's POV

I still remember her first audition as if it was yesterday but that was months ago now.

I remember her walking out onto the stage so confidently with her brown curly hair settling down to the middle of her back.

Her name was Cheryl, Cheryl Tweedy.

When she talked everyone was intrigued by her strong Newcastle tones and then she opened her mouth to sing and blew us all away.

I've watched that video so many times over the last month or so.

She sailed through boot camp and I was happy when I found out I was the mentor for the girls this year.

Purely based on her talent I put her through in the six chair challenge so she was in my judges homes.

Which brings us to now, Spain.

She's singing in front of me and I find myself getting lost in the sound of her voice.

I've got a camera on me so I try to stay as professionally as possible but it's hard.

She finishes her song and I find myself wanting to hear her sing more but I can't do that so I do what I'm supposed to do.

I throw on my smile and say the words I'm supposed to.

"Thank you."

She smiles back and walks off in the opposite direction to where I'm sitting, I find myself watching her walk away.

The rest of the day seems to drag on but I'm soon sat on my own in a room deciding who I'm taking through to the live shows.

Everyone performed this morning and the producers wanted to film me telling people their fate tonight in front of the sunset. I found it quite funny when they told me but I was glad I didn't have to wait over night to tell people.

For me it was already clear who was going through, there were three people that stood out and the others didn't do so well. They crumbled under the pressure and even though they are good I need people with confidence for the live shows.

--

It's been a very emotional night but I've managed to tell all the girls their fates.

There were tears from the girls who weren't going through and tears from the girls that were going through.

I was confident I had the best girls in my final 3.

Rebecca, Lucy and Cheryl.

I let out a sigh of relief as I lay in bed knowing the important decisions are over but also a sigh of tiredness because I can't seem to get to sleep.

It's 3 in the morning, I had come to bed hours ago and I hadn't been able to sleep.

There's no other sounds in the house so I know I'm the only one awake.

Getting bored of just laying in bed I make my way downstairs for a glass of water.

The moonlight spills into the kitchen reflecting off black, smooth counters creating enough light that I don't need to turn on any lights.

It takes me a minute to locate the cupboard with all the glasses in and once I have I fill up a glass with water.

I feel a chill run through my body but that's probably because I'm only dressed in a small pair of shorts and a tight vest top. If I was wearing this in front of people I would feel very exposed but there's nobody here so I don't care.