Chapter Thirty-Five: East: The New Recruits

Anya~ East (Russia)                        

I woke up at six in the morning today, listening to my alarm ringing beside my ear. I pressed a button and turned it off, rolling out of bed. I grabbed a tight T-Shirt, and baggy pants.

I put them on and then slipped on my shoes. I was wearing completely white, the only color besides white was my brown hair and eyes. I walked with Adric outside the house.

"You look much better in that, just don't tell my mum." Adric laughed.

"I feel better too," I agreed.

He gestured down the hallway. "We got our new Inaugurates. So today you're going to train them, and I'm going to watch."

I stared at him as if her were a serial killer. "You're not kidding are you? What do I have to teach?" My voice quivered with uncertainty.

He threw his head back in a short laugh. "Don't worry so much. You'll be teaching Physical Abilities. Because it is one of your best strengths . This time we'll do it a bit differently than when you did it. They'll already be in the main room. You just need to help show some of them what to do. You will have plenty of questions to answer," he said coolly.

I let my shoulders sag as I sighed with admission. "All right then."

I dreaded the walk to the room with a passion. A fear bubbled up inside of me that threatened to burst. Yes, I could answer questions and all, but what worried me was the actual teenagers. I would be the same age, younger, and older than some of them. What if they looked sick, their faces? I didn't want to remember.

Once inside the room I was drowned in stares. Everyone's faces turning towards me. After a dragged out minute they all turned back to their tasks and the chatter built back up.

"How do they know I'm the instructor?" I asked Adric.

"Because they were previously instructed. They all know that for this week the ones who dress like you, in white, are their advisors. When they need help, questions, all that annoying kid stuff. They will come to you. You only have to teach the class today though. With all that's going on, us soldiers just don't have enough time to mess with them. That's why we're making it your responsibility," He replied.

I shook my head and watched as Adric left me in the middle of the room. The lights were dimmed along the edges of the obstacles. The ceiling was so high you couldn't tell where it stopped from the darkness. I jumped out of my faze as I felt a hand gingerly touch my arm.

I looked up and saw that there was an older girl with her hair in two, thick, black braids streaked with electric greens staring at me with piercing grey eyes. "Name's Evelyn Dagshot. I go by Eve. I just had a question about the hand to hand combat. Who am I supposed to go against exactly?" She said, cocking her head.

The pleasure of authority started to fill my mind. "Just find somebody willing. If that doesn't work out then let me know. I'll take care of it," I replied.

She bit her blood red lip and grinned mischievously. "That won't be a problem at all." She thanked me and then walked off.

I had to stop to help instruct on the rock wall; then I went over to the sleek, black, stage to view Eve's match. It had already started and she was going against a guy with equally as dark hair and matching grey eyes. Her tall, and curved body towered his by mere inches.

I crossed my arms over the top of the outer railing and watched with interest. Eve grunted as the boy threw a powerful fist towards her head. She ducked and charged into his side, slamming him onto the ground. She pinned his arms down with her hands and laughed. "Come on Dylan. You know you'll have to do a mite better if you want to beat me," She boasted.