Chapter Eleven: East: The Unusual File

Anya~ East (Russia)                         

I woke up for the third time and saw that it was already seven in the morning. I didn't like getting up earlier, but I'd gotten used to it. Today was an off day so I was free to do whatever I pleased.

I decided grumpily to get up and see if somebody had any good ideas of how to waste our day. I rolled onto my side and sat up, jumping off my bed. Immediately my head started spinning and black dots clouded my vision as blood rushed through my body. I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands as I gained consciousness. I winced as my aching rib sent a shock of pain up my neck.

 My stomach grumbled as my feet glided towards my closet. I opened it by touching a transparent button. I lazily grabbed a pair of denim shorts and a long, thin, tank. Obviously green.

After I had slipped on my clothes I walked over to the body-length mirror. I felt dazed as I looked at myself. It was strange for me, being able to see myself. I had long legs, and was thin and boney,  and white as expected. My curly brown hair tipped my lower back. I had pretty brown eyes with dark complementing eyelashes. My lips were full and deep red, but were cracked from dehydration. After staring for a few minutes I made myself turn away. I didn't need to start being self conscious just because I could now see myself.

A sweet noise drifted into my room from the walls. I walked out into the living quarters to see what it was and I saw an old record in the corner of the room. A classic song was playing and it made me feel better. I liked to imagine what the world was like back then, hundreds of years ago.

I smiled as I saw Sam wave me over.

"Good morning.", I greeted.

"'Morning.", she replied.

I yawned and then looked at her energetic eyes. "You have any plans for today?"

She desperately half smiled. "Not really. I'd planned on just looking around with Sabreena, but that's obviously not an option."

"Well, I could go with you instead.", I offered.

"No, sorry. I don't feel up to it today. I'm kind of drained of energy."

"You don't look like it.", I laughed.

The corners of her lips twitched into a smile. "I know. I drank like seven cups of coffee...", her voice dropped soft, "with Mathen. It's nothing though. Just friends." She smirked and then waved it off.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see what it was. My heart started beating so fast I thought somebody would notice, but nobody did. My eyes were trapped by Jace. He was wearing jeans and a sleeveless top which showed the muscles in his arms. My cheeks turned so pink from blushing I could feel it.

He walked right up to me. I couldn't comprehend how he could so casually stand so close to me yet so normally. I tensed up uncomfortably. I was suddenly worried about every move my body made.

"Cheery day, huh? I can sense the thunder coming.", he grinned, "Not that we'd notice this far underground. Just don't go upstairs and you'll be fine."

Sam punched his arm softly. "It's not going to thunder. Today is going to be perfect, and I plan on sleeping through all of it. Maybe I'll gain some that I've lost these past days."

"I doubt you'll have luck with falling asleep now.", I responded.

"Oh, I won't have any trouble.", she ensured us. "I'll catch up with you guys later. I'm going to grab an apple then fall asleep to Lauren's obsessive reading. That's the key." Sam winked.