Chapter 3

Carter POV

I woke up the next morning in a comfortable bed. August had put me in one of his guest bedrooms then left me alone the rest of the night.

Getting up I walked to the bathroom and used the toothbrush and rag he had left for me on the counter.

After I was done I walked to go find August still in his big t-shirt he gave to me last night. He said I wasn't getting my dirty ass in his new bed sheets.

Walking into the living room I noticed three dudes sitting around smoking.

"Excuse me" I called making all three of them turn and look to me with wide eyes.

What?

"Anyone seen August?"

"He's in the kitchen" the brown skin one spoke up.

Damn he fine too!

"Thank you" I nodded walking away to go find the kitchen.

Once I did I walked in and seen August taking out a container for an IHOP bag and got excited.

"Why you so happy? This isn't for you" he smirked making my smile drop.

"Really?"

"I'm just fucking with you. Once you get done eating put some clothes on, I want to take you shopping later"

Ignoring what he was saying I reached for the food that was in reaching range and grabbed it, digging in.

"Damn I don't get a thank you Gunz I really appreciate it"

"Sorry, thank you August I really appreciate it" I smiled going back to eating while he walked out.

"Damn no You're welcome Carter, the pleasure was all mine you beautiful black queen" I laughed.

After I was finished I cleaned up my mess then made my way back upstairs "You ready?" August asked stopping once I reached the top of the steps. He was coming from his room.

"Uh for what?"

"I told you we were going to the mall"

"Oh right! I don't have anything to wear though" I frowned looking up at him.

His face looked like a masterpiece!

"My lil sister in my room, she's gonna hook you up" he told me before making his way down stairs.

Walking into his room I saw a pretty light skin girl with long hair and chinky eyes.

"Damn girl my brother wasn't lying when he said you were cute" she smiled observing me.

"Thank you..."

"Well I'm April, the youngest and only girl out of my momma kids" she smiled holding out her hand.

"Carter" I smiled.

"Let's do this then" she said as she started to unpack all of her things.

She put me in a white and black sweat shirt, some leather straight leg pants and a black and white varsity jacket with USA going down the arms. On my feet I wore all white high top nike's.

"Wow" I smiled "thank you"

"No problem" She said while getting her stuff together.

Leaving out the room I went to find August only to spot him coming up the steps.

"I see you're trying to match my fly" He smirked.

He wore a white hoodie with a picture of Travon Martin (Rest his soul) some black leather pants, and white shoes. He also had on a black leather jacket with red, white, and blue going down the sleeves.