Chapter 2

Carter POV

Waking up I rubbed my head confused. Please make this headache stop. I looked down noticing the hospital gown I was in.

"What the hell" I mumbled.

"Good you're up. How are you feeling Ms. Johnson?" A nurse asked walking into the room.

"What? Why am I here?" I asked.

"You were in a accident. Luckily a young man found you and brought you in. You could've died if he hadn't"

"Died " I whispered.

"But you're okay now. We do need your parent or guardian to come pick you up and sign the release forms. You didn't have a phone so we don't have a number to reach anyone"

Shit no!

"No please don't call them! I'm almost 18"

"I'm sorry baby doll but it's hospital policy" she frowned.

"Please" I said again this time on the verge of tears.

"I'll see what I can do" she smiled before walking out.

Getting up out the bed I walked into the bathroom and grabbed the unwrapped tooth brush and rag. After I was done I got back into the bed and turned on the tv, when someone had knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I called.

I turned my attention towards the the door and couldn't believe my eyes. A beautiful creature came scrolling into my room.

"Uh hey, I think you have the wrong room" I said.

"Nah this is the right one" he told me while taking a seat in the chair that sat beside my bed.

"I don't know you"

He smiled turning to look at me "I'm Gunz" he replied then turned back towards the tv.

"Gunz? What type of name is Gunz?" I asked "I know your mother did not name you that"

"Nah, she named me August, but everyone calls me Gunz" he shrugged.

"August? Like the month?" I asked.

"Nah like the day" he laughed.

"Whatever" I said with an eye roll. That was kinda a stupid question huh? "So August why are you in my room?"

"Be-" He was cut off by the nurse walking back in.

"Ms Johnson you're free to go, just take it easy from now on. Oh I see you've met the man that saved your life" she smiled handing me papers.

I looked at August shocked. He winked at me with an amused smile on his face. I signed the papers then got up, grabbing my clothes so that I could go change in the bathroom.

Once I came back out August was still seated watching tv. He looked over at me and smiled...again.

"Okay, what's up with his creepy ass smiling all the time" I thought.

"So I'm creepy?" He laughed.

I spun around and looked up at him "You heard me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I heard you" He nodded looking down at me.

Damn he tall!

My breathing started to pick up. I've never been this close to a boy before. Let alone a fine one like him and he wasn't really a boy he was a man!

I guessed he sensed something wrong because he backed up out of my personal space.

"Oh"

"Get your things, I'm going drop you off home" he said. Before I could say anything he walked out.

I put my boots back on, fixed my ponytail then walked out "Hey have you seen my bag?" I asked walking up to him and some girl.

Ooh she's pretty....his girlfriend maybe.

The girl looked at me mean mugging me up and down.

Never mind she ugly now lol

"Nah I haven't seen it" he said turning around to face me "You ready to go?"

"Yeah" I nodded walking towards the elevator with him behind me and the girl calling his name....well nickname.

Once we got out to the parking lot he opened up his car door for me "Thank you" I smiled before getting in.

He shut the door then jogged around on his side and got in.

"You can just take me to the place you found me" I told him while he pulled out.

He looked at me for a minute before turning his eyes back on the rode. No more than 10 minutes later he was pulling on the block.

After he stopped the car I jumped out and rushed over to my bag that was still in the middle of the street.

Picking it up I noticed everything was gone. All my shit was gone, it was nothing left.

I wiped away a few tears that fell from my eyes. Now what?

I could hear the door open then close, then footsteps coming towards me.

"What's wrong?" August asked

"All of my things are gone. My money, my clothes, everything" I cried.

"How about I take you home" he suggested.

"I don't have a home to go to"

He looked at me for a few minutes before saying "Well then you're coming with me"

I looked up at him "What you mean I'm coming with you. I don't know you"

"Like I said you're coming with me. If I wanted to hurt you I would've been did it, now come on" he said as he helped me up and escorted me back to his car.

I decided on going with the man I didn't know. It couldn't get any worse than this right?

Right?