Chapter 19

Carter POV

I jumped up out the bed and raced down stairs. "April! Who this look like to you?" I asked showing her the picture.

"The dude from the mall. Why wassup?" She asked while her and Binky looked at me crazy.

"What does the date on the picture say?" I asked

"Today's date Carter, but why? What's wrong?"

"August killed him! Blew his brains out in front of my face" I yelled.

"Okay, what's the problem?" She asked

"A dead man can't pose for a picture!"

"Maybe the picture is old or something" She shrugged

"Look at his feet!" I said pointing towards the phone.

"Um....what am I-"

"A dead man shouldn't be wearing Jordan's that just came out yesterday!" Binky said cutting her off while grabbing the phone.

"Exactly! How the fuck is that possible! I watched this dude get his fucking brains blown out! His shit split! The nigga died right in front of my eyes!"

"Just calm down Carter, everything going be okay" April said.

"How?! Dead people just don't come back to life! Half this man face was gone!"

"We're back!" August called coming in the house.

"Carter Uncle August cheating on you with Nicki Minaj" Kay Kay said shaking her head.

"Shhhh girl you talk to much. That was supposed to be our little secret" August said.

"Oops sorry Uncle August" she laughed grabbing her food and running upstairs.

"What's wrong, why y'all look like that?" August asked while he carried a sleeping Cassie on his shoulders.

"Like what?" April asked

"Like y'all seen a ghost" August laughed putting the bag that had our food in it down. "I be back, I'm about to go lay her down"

"You going tell him?" Binky asked soon as he was out of sight.

"I have to" I replied while I begin pacing the floor.

"Look y-" April was cut off by Binky ringing phone.

"Sorry y'all it my boo" she replied sliding the answer bar over "Chauncey baby I'm gonna have to call you back. Okay, you too. Bye" she hung up the phone and turned on silent soon as August was walking back down.

"August we need to talk" I said looking towards him.

"Last time I heard those words, I found out I had a baby on the way"

"Nigga I didn't say that!" Binky said.

"Yeah you right. It was more like...'Nigga I'm pregnant and your the daddy! Im putting your black ass on child support if you think about leaving me!' Yeah that sound about right" August laughed.

"Shut up August! You know I didn't say that either" Binky said flipping him off.

"A'ight a'ight, what you wanna talk about Carter?" August asked

"Troy is alive" I mumbled.

"Speak up na baby I can't hea ya" he said.

"Troy is alive" I repeated.

August looked at me before busting out laughing "Impossible! You seen me kill'em" he shrugged

I grabbed the phone and handed it to August showing him the picture. His jaw clenched as he examined it.

"Bullshit! W-"

BOOM!!!

Before August could finish his sentence the front door came flying off the hinges and officers in S.W.A.T gear came rushing in.

"Get on the ground now! Move! Move! Move!" They yelled with guns drawn at us.

They manhandled us until we was on the ground with there knees in our backs.

"Uncle August?" Kay Kay called then moments later gun shots started ringing out.

"Noooooooooooo!" August screamed.

-This is the end of this chapter and the end of this BOOK! Book 2 will be posted either Monday or Next Friday.....so be on the look out.

Did y'all enjoy A Hood Girl Named Carter? What was your favorite parts throughout the whole book?

What do you think will happen in part two?

If you have any questions comment below and I'll answer them.

& I'll start making longer chapter on book 2 lol